[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was life like in Carthage? I don't know much about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: wp_c-hasdrubal.jpg (97KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
wp_c-hasdrubal.jpg
97KB, 500x645px
What was life like in Carthage? I don't know much about them besides their conflict with Rome, so I am curious about their way of life. Faith? Food? Politics? Etc.
>>
LAST NIGHT
THE CRYING OF CHILDREN KEPT ME AWAKE
>>
>>3349341
Is this a reference to something?
>>
>>3349348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQU8k8XVAA
sorry you missed out
if you like video games and history and battles it's the ultimate
>>
>>3349341
AND I HAD A TERRIBLE VISION
>>
File: Salve.jpg (101KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
Salve.jpg
101KB, 429x600px
>>3349311
They were barbarians who made burnt offerings out of their own children and they needed to be destroyed.
>>
Probably just your regular folk doing trade, fishing, farming and producing quality olive oil.
>>
>>3349311
Impossible to really know since the Romans so extensively destroyed everything Carthaginian, and that included any books that were written telling their side of the story.

It was long thought that the Roman claim that they conducted rituals which included human sacrifice of children were little more than slander. But archaeological finds have been discovered supporting it.
>>
>>3349414
it may have just been incineration of already dead children tho, some of the bones discovered belonged to unborn children
>>
File: 1504552997769.jpg (119KB, 839x835px) Image search: [Google]
1504552997769.jpg
119KB, 839x835px
>>3349447
I wonder how they died.
>>
>>3349453
Misscarriage
>>
>>3349414
>After the Roman defeat at Cannae, two Gauls and two Greeks in male-female couples were buried under the Forum Boarium, in a stone chamber used for the purpose at least once before.

How ironic.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.