[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you like the native americans more or less after learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20170907_210740.jpg (2MB, 2120x1864px) Image search: [Google]
20170907_210740.jpg
2MB, 2120x1864px
Did you like the native americans more or less after learning about them in a more meaningful way than a high school class /his/?
pic unrelated
>>
>>3348484
My historical opinion is irrelevant unless a sufficient lack of evidence requires me to fill in blanks, i liked the roman republic, doesn't mean my opinion about caesar has anything to do with history.

Your interpretation of history in a moral or ethical sense is a political discussion.
>>
>>3348484

I resent that they are used as a way to basically shame modern Americans just for existing.
>>
>>3348484
Learning about their viciousness and then their victim complex when they ended up being subdued do not shed any light on why should I like them
>>
The more I learn about them the stupider lumping them all in under "Native American" seems. A lot of the commonly held beliefs, not even stereotypes, we have about Native Americans only applies to a small scattering of actual tribes.

Take for instance, the "Natives are more in tune with nature" myth. I don't remember what tribe it was (in michigan I think) but they would farm the land so intensively it'd suck all the nutrients out, and every 13 years or so they had to pack up their entire cities (living in large urban areas and having agriculture are two things Native americans are never believed to do in pop culture, so thats dumb as well) and move to another area.

It's like stereotyping every european culture as germans or every asian culture as chinese.
>>
>>3348484
B.A.P.
Born Again Primitive
>>
>>3348747
>living in large urban areas and having agriculture are two things Native americans are never believed to do in pop culture, so thats dumb as well
It boggles my mind that there are people who believe that the natives didn't into agriculture. Pop culture aside, I was taught in fucking grade school that a native tribe helped some settlers learn the ways of new world agriculture after their harvest failed. Are people just meming out of spite or are they sincerely that uneducated
>>
>>3348484
Less.

They were brutal primitives, likely the exact same as every other people were at that same stage of development. Not nature loving peaceful people who were screwed over. I'm amazed whites didn't just wipe them off the face of the earth.
>>
>>3348931
for many tribes they did
>>
My only real opinion is they got a raw deal and there's no fixing it because they don't want our help.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.