[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to popular history Egyptian laborers subsisted on a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

According to popular history Egyptian laborers subsisted on a diet of beer and onions. Literally how is that a feasible way of surviving backbracking work in sweltering heat?
>>
they had sun dried fish and bread too
>>
Beer has a lot of calories you dolt
>>
They also ate lots of bread. Bread and beer combined are calorie-bombs. Shouldn't be surprising that these were the two most consumed products in history.
>>
They had a lot more than onions. They had plenty of spices, fruit, vegetables, grain. Fish and livestock as well.
>>
>>3346574
Calories were flat barley bread, beer, onions, fish for the poor along with pork; wild game, honey and beef for wealthy.
>>
>>3346574
Ancient Egyptians ate fish, all sorts of wild game, livestock, chickpea, flax, figs, pomegranates, lettuce, spices, fruits, grains, bread, olives, many other fruits and vegetables.

Beer and wine were mostly drunk at special occassions, at senet tables, religions festivals or by the wealthy.
The average Egyptian worker washed down his meal with water.
>>
>>3347098
>Beer and wine were mostly drunk at special occassions, at senet tables, religions festivals or by the wealthy.
The average Egyptian worker washed down his meal with water.
This is false. Beer was often made at the home and was an essential part of the Egyptian worker's diet. It was consumed daily and even used as a form of common currency. Egyptian mothers were expected to teach their daughters how to brew due to its importance in the household.
>>
File: kangz3.png (50KB, 981x919px) Image search: [Google]
kangz3.png
50KB, 981x919px
>>3346574
they also had fried chicken and grape drank
but the white man won't tell you that
#blackhistorytheydontteachinschool
>>
>>3347098
I think OP just refers to beer and garlic being a standard ration for workers who participated in construction of pyramides.
>>
>>3346574

Don't you dare diss the onion, anon...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sBw9e4pJY4M
>>
>>3347204

No, the workers who built the pyramids ate meat every day.
>>
>>3346574

An important note to make is that ancient egyptian beer was not at all like modern beer. It was much thicker in consitency, more like a soup, and had much more nutritional value. So yeah, Egyptian beer was the shit, it could satiate your appetite very well. Of course, like the other anons have said before me, they also ate more than just beer and onions, next to the pyramids archaeologists excavated a whole town dedicated to the laborers, and it had a huge food preparation area, comprised of several bread bakeries, breweries and slaughterhouses. The laborers were well fed, the rulers knew better than to use semi-starving skeletons for their grandiose eternal life monuments
>>
>>3349643
>TFW you realised you've been living a lie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqAiPkgTpy4
>>
>>3349699
>ancient egyptian beer was not at all like modern beer. It was much thicker in consitency, more like a soup,

"Liquid bread" is a description I've found on several books.
>>
>>3351907
>>3349699
It's basically like East African beers made at home from old bread
>>
>>3349643
Napoleonic Wars just had the best a e s t h e t i c
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.