[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"As a... (Insert Culture, Ethnicity, DNA Sequence, IQ,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1503024222866.jpg (224KB, 583x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1503024222866.jpg
224KB, 583x1508px
>"As a... (Insert Culture, Ethnicity, DNA Sequence, IQ, and or Breathing pattern)

Does that subtract or add substance to an argument?
>>
>>3343820
It doesn't change the argument at all.
>>
>>3343820
if the insert is "redditor" i autimagically dismiss the argument
>>
>>3343820
Appeals to emtion are dangerously effective.
>>
>>3343825
>autimagically
Autistically*
>>
>INTJ_stare.jpg
>>
>>3343820
It does.

You could theoretically study medicine in your time, just as a hobby, and be more learned than any doctor, even without a degree or doctorate. It's the institutions which legitimize your authority; and they derive their authority on peer-research, organization, etc.

If someone's black; you could say that they have a more valuable outlook on racism; however, being black, they will never know exactly how white people feel about race, as they can't naturally have that point of view. White people, following this logic, could be equally as victimized (maybe more) as black people, but deal with it differently for different reasons.

It doesn't add substance to an argument; it just makes the justification a little different.

For example; I come from a small Atlantic island. I think the way that the locals cook lobsters is the best way to cook lobster. You might say that our way of cooking lobster is not as good as the Chinese or the Mexicans. The way we perceive food is subjective; so the only thing that my ethnic background does is give me justification for my tastes. But in another sense, it gives me more authority, relative to countries that don't eat lobster, because there's objective experiences and truths to the way my ethnicity cooks lobster.
>>
Yes because it makes you look like a victimized panz
>>3343823
Yes it does, arguments are aesthetic.
>>
>>3343820
context dependant
>>
>>3343820
Depends if the factor is actually relevant to the argument, If someone claims:
>All women have three nipples

Then it's relevant to say:
>I'm a woman and I don't have three nipples

While it's not relevant to say:
>I'm Asian and women don't have three nipples.
>>
>>3343820
Does it subtract or add substance to a poster being a shitposter if they go "x diaspora is here" to try and poison the well?
>>
>>3343820
>me whenever someone starts a sentence like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7cry-4pyy8
>>
It's usually followed by dumb anectdotes so no.
>>
>>3343872
What are some good books about these topics? Any philosopher that brings on the tabke arguments similar to yours? I want to read more of what you've just written.
>>
>>3343820
As a transblackman in a white body, is Subtracts substance and adds something else
>>3343872
>someone's black; you could say that they have a more valuable outlook on racism;
WRRRRONNNG.
that's an retarded my feels aurgument. It allows for things like "I was shot becuase I was black" never mind I was thief who led a life of crime.
In other words It allows for unfalsifible propositions in your aurgument.
Why would thier outlook be more valuable if it is based on anything real? That is a device used by SJWs to shut down debate from supportive left leaning whites and is RUINING the left.
Another great example of this is immigration, and claiming "as a Hispano ... .... my opinion is more valid [imyping it is more valid because of who is stating it, not becuase it is better aurgrud.]
To put this another way, it is claiming you can be agnostic about a belief about some thing like immigration cause it effects you differently stating right answer could be either
>P or ~P
But they know better, but it doesn't follow because to be agnostic in the p or ~not p way you really have to understand what P is. Like, you can't be agnostic about roundsquares. You really have to know what you are saying with p, before you can claim p or ~p either is possible,
>>
File: BABYLON2.jpg (331KB, 1600x961px) Image search: [Google]
BABYLON2.jpg
331KB, 1600x961px
>>3343820
It really depends on the situation.

>as a 21 year old white gender queer male living in America, I can say that Communism is good. Because I have seen the horrors of Capitalism in the United States, everybody should be equal, go Stalin!

Or

>as a 70 year old Rus, I have worked in factory for 50 year now in communist Russia, my back is bent like an arch and my lungs are filled with chemicals. I don't get paid enough, and my children starve every day. Communism does not work, I have experienced it.

>
>>
>>3343820
Context, fucker. Reach higher.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.