[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If i had a penny for every time a schizophrenic Chinese prophet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Graecopithecus freybergi (pape).jpg (156KB, 799x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Graecopithecus freybergi (pape).jpg
156KB, 799x1280px
If i had a penny for every time a schizophrenic Chinese prophet lead a massive holy war against a declining Chinese empire which ultimately failed yet still directly contributed to said empire's eventual balkanization, I'd have two pennies.

Which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's still weird that it's happened twice.
>>
File: 017.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
017.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>
>>3343473
4 pennies actually. . .
If you are refering to the 2 two Christian leaders Zhang of Daxi and Hong of Heavenly Kingdom.
You also got the Taoist uprising of the Yellow Turban, and hyprid religion of the White Lotus that started the Red Turban rebellion.
>>
What >>3344111 said, it actually happened 4 times.

You'd think "4 times isn't that many in a country over 2000 years old", except it kinda is considering the circumstances needed to cause something like this.
>>
>>3344111
I only counted the Taiping and the Yellow Turbans once, but I didn't know about the others. Thanks.
>>
Hong Xiuquan was the brother of christ and a prophet sent by God
>>
>>3343473
Nigger are you on crack? "Schizophrenic Chinese prophets leading massive holy wars against declining Chinese empires which ultimately failed and yet still directly contributed to said empires eventual balkanization" are a classic trope throughout Chinese history:

>Yellow Turbans
>Fotudeng playing the Later Zhao like a fiddle
>Red Turbans of the 14th century
>White lotus rebellion of 1796
>Taiping
>Boxers
>Falun Gong

And those are just the ones off the top of my head.
>>
>>3345936
The Boxers weren't against the chinese empire though, they were against chinese christians and westerners
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.