[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of the The Holocene calendar? https:/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
What does /his/ think of the The Holocene calendar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czgOWmtGVGs
>>
>>3341710
Too much work to make the adjustment.
>>
>>3341710
its gay and retarded as fuck. theres literally no point to it.
>>
>>3341710
Seems kind of points. AD and BC already work. (Or CE AND BCE, if your gay)
>>
It's for fedoraians who want to use something more inconvenient because they can't have even the slightest hint of anything Christ-related to smear their delicate feelings. The goal, of course, is to turn all of society onto using HE to create a world-wide safespace for athiests.
>>
File: jaysus.jpg (318KB, 806x1279px) Image search: [Google]
jaysus.jpg
318KB, 806x1279px
>>3341710
I couldn't give less of a shit if chinks are offended by having to reference Christ in academia or whatever the "controversy" is, it's a little less retarded than CE AND BCE though.
>>
>>3341710
its swapping one arbitrary point for 0 for another
so >>3341901 has the right of it
>>
>>3341710
I think the earliest traceable date in history which is the first year of the first Akkadian king's reign is a better place to start and could be reffered to as before (the) record(ing of/ed) dates and after e.g brd, ard. It would be either more work to adjust to but at least has some solid grounding and avoids being Christo-centric but in turn becomes Akkado-centric but is also supported by limited knowledge available collectively possessed by the world. Also they should replace the Julian/Gregorian calendar with the one based on the slightly more accurate Iranian Solar Hijri calendar or the Ancient Bulgar calendar.
>>
>>3343351
For months I propose they be named after associated astrological signs though others could use simple numerical appellations if they want. And for days a reversion the Ancient Greek names of the days of the week but if others prefer they may use numerical designations also.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_the_days_of_the_week#Greco-Roman_tradition
>>
>>3343405
>*And for days a reversion TO the Ancient Greek names
>>
>>3342628
>its swapping one arbitrary point for 0 for another
Sentence doesn't make any sense lad.
>>
Why don't we have a calender that simply starts on the date of the indisputable creation of the world by the Christian God on 18 March 3952 BC? That could be the year 0 CWCG.
>>
The whole world only just made the gregorian calendar standard, and some fedora wants to change it again? no one's got time for that.

Anyone else hate this guy's presentation, feels like i'm being talked own to with the calming voice and the clean simple graphics.
>>
>[current year] becomes 12017 HE
>12043 HE - archaeologists discover evidence of civilisation from 1050 BHE
>12043 HE becomes 13093 HE
>14138 HE - archaeologists discover new evidence...
>>
>>3341710
I think we should go back to using the Olympics.
>>
>>3341710
I don't care if the calendar starts in a completely random point as it does now (even if you're a christfag, you should know that the year is most certainly incorrect), because it is pretty much impossible to find an starting point that is both undisputed and universal (although Columbus' first voyage makes for a pretty compelling argument).

I just wish we could change the Gregorian calendar for a Lunisolar version of it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.