[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand why he had to take over Europe, he could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 20150515_invade.jpg (54KB, 628x314px) Image search: [Google]
20150515_invade.jpg
54KB, 628x314px
I don't understand why he had to take over Europe, he could have just set up colonies in Africa
>>
>>3341377

I don't understand why /his/ sucks his manlet dick so hard.
>>
>>3341385
Maybe because he wasn't a shill like King george the IV?
As someone from /pol/ I can assure you he's nothing like Hitler
>>
Because pretty much all of Europe declared war on France. He couldn't take some troops off of Europe to wage war in Africa either
>>
>>3341450
But he did in his Egyptian campaign
>>
Well when he tried that Britain BTFO his fleet
>>
>>3341463
>citation needed
>>
>>3341470
Battle of the Nile is really something you should know about
>>
he was afraid of the African warrior
>>
>>3341462
You're right, I didn't think of this one. I guess afterwards he just couldn't anymore as he probably needed the manpower in Europe. I might be wrong though
>>
>>3341385
seething lankcuck monarchist
>>
>>3341450
>Because pretty much all of Europe declared war on France.

>Forgetting Denorway and Spain before the peninsular war
>>
>>3341377
Africa didn't actively attack him constantly.
>>
>>3341385
perfidious anglo detected
>>
>>3341462
The Campagne d'Egypte was a political ploy for Napoleon to further elevate his glory with a successful campaign in a mysterious land, and not be forgotten after his successful-but finished- Campagne d'Italie.
It was a great way for the Directoire to keep this popular figure at bay. Talleyrand might even have coordinated with the English to let Bonaparte arrive to Egypt and then burn his fleet there.
The official justification for the campaign was to cut the sea trade route to the Middle East and India which were crucuial for the British.
The campaign benefited pretty much all sides, and that's the only thing it took place. Napoleon was never going to overstretch himself thousands of miles away while Prussia, England, Austria and virtually all of Europe wanted him out.
Napoleon wanted to dominate Europe first and foremost. He couldn't be everywhere at once, and that's one of the reasons he sold Louisiana and didn't conquer st. Helena for example (he said so in his memoirs)
>>
>>3341470
>>
>>3341530
funny that the Spain got pissed because they just ceded Louisiana to the French
>>
>>3341552
>>3341475
That was before Napoleon came into power dumbasses
>>
>>3341492
Spain wasn't an ally
It was a recently subdued former enemy
>>
>>3341754
Former enemy?
>>
File: pyrr.png (125KB, 329x1040px) Image search: [Google]
pyrr.png
125KB, 329x1040px
>>3341784
Yes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.