[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was it called Sardinia-Piedmont and not Piedmont-Sardinia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Sardiniapiedmont.png (30KB, 896x510px) Image search: [Google]
Sardiniapiedmont.png
30KB, 896x510px
Why was it called Sardinia-Piedmont and not Piedmont-Sardinia? The capital was in Piedmont and it was the richest province as well.
>>
>>3338686
Because they were cucks
>>
>>3338686
how can it be sardinia-piedmont if sardinia wasn't even populated until napoleon colonized it from corsica?
>>
>>3338690

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 20170729_153332.png (144KB, 248x450px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_153332.png
144KB, 248x450px
>>3338690
This, Sardinia didn't have any human presence until at least the 1800s.
>>3338699
Retard
>>
>>3338686
iirc Sardinia was a kingdom, Piedmont/Savoy was a dukedom. The duke of Savoy made a deal with the pope? to acquire Sardinia at the expense of some of his other lands so he could become a king, therefore as his highest title Sardinia is placed at the fore.
>>
>>3338699
>Reaching Sardinia without AT THE VERY LEAST renaissance level tech
I share a board with these "people"...
>>
>>3338780
jeez man, way to be a downer.
>>
>>3338844
Its for the same reason why Brandenburg was known as Prussia.
>>
>>3338749
>>3338814
(you)

The 600 miles boat meme was a shit meme and you know it

>>3338780

Thanks.
>>
>>3338862
Brandenburg's situation was a little difference because Prussia was a ducal title and Brandenburg was a march. Margrave was a lower title then Duke, but the Margrave of Brandenburg had the issue of his inheritance de jure being separated into two different jurisdictions. One inside the Holy Roman Empire, and one inside royal Poland. Thus, even through the Margrave held the land de facto he could not claim the title of Duke or anything higher without pissing off the Poles. This was resolved by the Treaty of Bromberg in 1657. The second problem lay in the fact that elevating his Imperial holdings - the Margraviate of Brandenburg - required the consent of the Emperor. This inconsistency when Frederick I was promised not just his Ducal title but the crown of a King in exchange for his support against France's venture down in Spain when chuckie II kicked it. He simply resolved this by claiming he was King in his prussian domains and elector inside the Empire, allowing him to call himself a King whilst at the same time not offending the Emperor.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.