[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches include

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 53e.png (155KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
53e.png
155KB, 600x600px
>The Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches include most of the books that are in the Septuagint in their canons; however, Protestant churches usually do not. After the Protestant Reformation, many Protestant Bibles began to follow the Jewish canon and exclude the additional texts, which came to be called "Apocrypha" (originally meaning "hidden" but became synonymous with "of questionable authenticity"), with some arguing against them being classed as Scripture.

What did protestants mean by this?
>>
Quakers are the most reasonable christian sect.
>>
>>3335607
Guess they didn't want to be cucked by Rome anymore and realized that Christianity started as a Jewish sect. Fairly reasonable desu senpai.
>>
File: 1500577795752.jpg (96KB, 820x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500577795752.jpg
96KB, 820x960px
Prods like to larp as Jews. It's why you get so many crazies who have dumb laws. What they're trying to do is live by all those mosaic laws, since they consider themselves the Jews.
Remember, we were right to burn them at the Stake. Look what happened
>>
>>3335625
So they value Moses more than Christ?
>>
>>3335636
Kind of, the more virulent ones do tend to focus more on the Angry God of the OT than the moralizing of Jesus.
I wouldn't say they value Moses more than Jesus, they just conflate Jesus with the OT God, and assume Jesus wanted all his followers to follow the Jewish Laws.

I can't say for certain, as I'm no prod whisperer
>>
apocrypha has the coolest stories of jesus
>>
>>3335660
It's typically not NT Apocrypha, but rather stuff like Tobit or Judith that they cut
>>
File: 1504382761726.jpg (98KB, 629x812px) Image search: [Google]
1504382761726.jpg
98KB, 629x812px
>>3335660
>>
>>3335607
Zoroastrianism > Semitic faiths.
>>
>>3335607
Only inspired books belong in the bible.

Books that are not inspired do not belong in the bible.

It's a fairly simple thought.
>>
>>3336662
Zoroastrianism = Semitic faiths.
>>
>>3336644
The Gospel of Peter has a walking, talking cross coming out of the tomb.

>When therefore those soldiers saw it, they awakened the centurion and the elders, for they too were close by keeping guard. And as they declared what things they had seen, again they saw three men come forth from the tomb, and two of them supporting one, and a cross following them. And the heads of the two reached to heaven, but the head of him who was led by them overpassed the heavens. And they heard a voice from the heavens, saying, You have preached to them that sleep. And a response was heard from the cross, Yes."
>>
>>3336674
Gospel of Thomas says women have to be changed into men before they can become Christians.
>>
>>3336675
Neat.
>>
>>3336663
How did the people that compiled the bible decide what was inspired by God?
>>
>>3336683
Tanakh is in.
Writings in NT by witnesses of Jesus' life, ministry, and death, in.
Nothing that contradicts anything already in, gets in.
>>
>>3336675
Well, it is true.
>>
>>3336689
>Writings in NT by witnesses of Jesus' life, ministry, and death,

Regardless of whether that claim is actually factually that's not inspired by God, that is a fallible human decision made on historiography.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.