[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhe lm_II,_German_Emperor#Pe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Wilhelm.jpg (111KB, 800x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelm.jpg
111KB, 800x1184px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_II,_German_Emperor#Personality

>Historians have frequently stressed the role of Wilhelm's personality in shaping his reign. Thus, Thomas Nipperdey concludes he was:

>...gifted, with a quick understanding, sometimes brilliant, with a taste for the modern,—technology, industry, science—but at the same time superficial, hasty, restless, unable to relax, without any deeper level of seriousness, without any desire for hard work or drive to see things through to the end, without any sense of sobriety, for balance and boundaries, or even for reality and real problems, uncontrollable and scarcely capable of learning from experience, desperate for applause and success,—as Bismarck said early on in his life, he wanted every day to be his birthday—romantic, sentimental and theatrical, unsure and arrogant, with an immeasurably exaggerated self-confidence and desire to show off, a juvenile cadet, who never took the tone of the officers' mess out of his voice, and brashly wanted to play the part of the supreme warlord, full of panicky fear of a monotonous life without any diversions, and yet aimless, pathological in his hatred against his English mother.

God dammit, this is pretty much me.
>>
Was it autism?
>>
File: autism.jpg (106KB, 703x217px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
106KB, 703x217px
>>3335080
Yes.
>>
>>3335080
Yeah
>>
>>3335084
So Wilhelm was a retard who pissed off strategically important leaders for zero benefit? That fits with what I remember reading about the Daily Telegraph affair.
>>
>>3335100
His gimp arm made him super self conscious and he thought he was nearly invincible and that as emperor, he was to be respected no matter what. The German army had long periods where Willy would win the practice battles and war games no matter what.
>>
File: tiredfeel.gif (20KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
tiredfeel.gif
20KB, 633x758px
>superficial, hasty, restless, unable to relax, without any deeper level of seriousness, without any desire for hard work or drive to see things through to the end, without any sense of sobriety, for balance and boundaries, or even for reality and real problems, uncontrollable and scarcely capable of learning from experience, desperate for applause and success

Me down to a T
>>
ENFP
>>
>>3335123
They let him win? That's kind of sad.
>>
>>3335069
Is this why we hate him? Because he reminds us of ourselves?
>>
>>3335527
Once again, /his/ punches a mirror.
>>
>>3335527
I dont hate him. I miss him
>>
File: cry.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>3335069
>>
>>3335069
He sperged out at every possible occasion. Colonial obsessions, morocco crisis/Algeciras conference, daily telegraph scandal, relied on gay adviser eulenberg, tactical retard who failed at war games, dismissed Bismarck to replace him with 1. a fucking infantry colonel and 2. a nearly 80 year old man

"brilliant" my ass
>>
>>3335069
(((historians)))
>>
>>3336281
He was intelligent from a technical standpoint in that he appreciated and enouraged industry and sciences. He also successfully organized a royal marriage one time.

But any natural gifts he had were completely negated by the fact that he was a man child who cared more about looking cool and having a fun time as emperor than any concrete long term plan.
>>
>>3335123
sauce
>>
>>3336281
>Bismarck
>Any good after unification
Stop this meme.

>>3336336
That and his family's history of mental illnesses; of the later Hohenzollerns, Wilhelm II seemed to suffer from them the worst.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.