[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Father >Conditional love >Mother >Unconditional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1452802032259.jpg (266KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452802032259.jpg
266KB, 1500x1000px
>Father
>Conditional love
>Mother
>Unconditional love
What happens when these are reversed?
>>
>>3334615
>>Father
>>Conditional love
Not sure why you think this is necessarily the case
>>
>>3334636
>>3334615
Well, a father will love a child within a certain level of tolerance. If a child was a serial killer, it'd be the father who'd turn him in over the mother.
Fathers also have pride, and that pride is conditional. If that child failed to live up to that, the father would be disappointed, while still loving the child.
>>
>>3334652
Now what would happen if those two roles were reversed? What would be the psychological consequences?
>>
>>3334615
>Father
>Pride in what he's created and loyalty through hard times and good alike
>Mother
>Judgemental cunt that's still resentful after "settling" half a lifetime ago, and dreaming about how much better things would be if she were happily married to Chad
You got your stereotypes backwards, OP.
>>
>>3334655
You are making up shit as if it's an absolute rule then asking us to explain it. I don't want to try to explain some made up bullshit world view that is clearly a product of your own daddy issues.
>>
>>3334652
Not sure what you're trying to assume. Women have pride. Mothers will disown serial killer childs. Fathers can have no pride. Fathers can love serial killer children.

These aren't even "most fathers" or "most mothers", I'd say the ratio is probably closer to 60:40 realistically
>>
>>3334615
Generally speaking they are reversed. The mother's love is based on her maternal instinct and she grows dependent on it, never valuing her creation for other more abstract reasons, when it becomes an awkward teenager everything falls apart. The father on the other hand becomes invested in his progeny, he wants to pass something on, he wants to prepare it for life and all its trials and tribulations, life is short and he wants to create happiness in it.

The misconception that a father's love is conditional arises when their offspring appears to be failing their expectations. This is only because of an error on the father's part. They got the idea their son should be a ballerina so he will be swimming in pussy yet his son decides to play basketball with a lot of big black guys or something.
>>
>>3334652
A woman doesn't have any love for a child tho
>>
>>3334760
What the fuck are you on about
>>
File: start young, have fun.jpg (122KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
start young, have fun.jpg
122KB, 640x426px
>>3334615
This thread is gonna have a lot of people with conflicting answers.
>>
>>3334732

nice assumptions, in my case it was completely backwards, my father didn't care about passing anything and my mother grew much more responsable with us when we became teenagers
>>
>>3334615
>t. Erich Fromm
They would simply be switched; however, the gender roles in parenting would be perhaps different
>>
>>3334615
The kids in question wouldn't be born to begin with
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.