[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Tibetans look like Inuit/Native Americans? Do they share

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tibetan1.jpg (50KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
tibetan1.jpg
50KB, 428x600px
Why do Tibetans look like Inuit/Native Americans? Do they share the same ancestors?
>>
Basically, yes.
>>
>>3333314

Cold adaptation
>>
Yes. Chances are the Inuit group share the same ancestor genes as Tibetan ones.

>>3333827
Why aren't Tibetans Nordic like? They both have cold adaptation.

Stop being dumb you retard.
>>
>>3333838

>Nordic
>Cold adapted

Nice joke man. Southern Scandinavia is super warm. I guess some Swedes with Mongoloid eyes might be cold adapted though.
>>
because they share recent ancestors and sprung from similar populations.

>>3333861
european/west eurasian populations are cold adapted to an extent. asians below certain latitudes generally aren't but it depends.
>>
>>3333884

Mongoloid physical appearance originates in ice age China. A cold place indeed.

>because they share recent ancestors

No. How could they? Stargates?
>>
>>3333895
classical mongoloid traits, as well as most modern skull shapes are more recent than you'd imagine. even paleoindians exhibited considerable variation compared to their modern descendants, despite a clear line of genetic continuity being apparent. iirc the modern craniometric shape doesn't begin to take hold until the mid holocene.

>No. How could they? Stargates?
similar origins and gene flow, native americans are basically an isolated offshoot of various ancient northeast asian hunter gatherer populations who also contributed admixture to different groups. although tibetans aren't really as good of a comparison as other groups are, like the kets.
>>
>>3333931

You mean the worst possible example of a population with "recent gene flow" to or from Native Americans with no exchange, I agree fully.
>>
>>3333941
ssa would be the worst desu
>>
>>3333314
Didn't they cross over the behring strait?
>>
>>3333314
Tibetans are basically the same caveman-era Asians that first colonized the Americas. They stayed sufficiently isolated until the modern day that their appearance never changed.
>>
>>3334144
Durrr

They've had 2 major recent changes to human evolution. Lactose tolerance (separate from the general indo-euro population) and high-altitude gene. All within the last 10K or so years, if I remember right.
>>
>>3333884
>>3333861
Europeans aside from Russians barely experience actual cold. Scandinavia had a Mediterranean climate when it was settled.
>>
>>3333314
>Do they share the same ancestors?

Of course they do. Asia and North America were link and practically one landmass, animals, people and even stories and culture went back and forth.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.