[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Russian Liberation Army. Why did hundreds of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0566.jpg (36KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0566.jpg
36KB, 332x443px
Tell me about the Russian Liberation Army. Why did hundreds of thousands of Russians volunteer to fight on the German side in WW2 against the Bolsheviks?

What was their end goal/endgame? Would they have established a puppet Russian state? Would they have restored the monarchy?
>>
>>3330355
Many Russians hated the Soviet system. And if you were captured as a Soviet by the Germans, you could expect to be executed if you managed to return to your front line, as any form of "cowardice" was treated very harshly.. So you might as well take up arms against Stalin. With the Holodomor in mind, the Ukrainians especially volunteered in large numbers.

This was however at its core undermined by the Nazis, with their mass executions and attitude towards the Slavic peoples. Prisoners lived in appalling conditions on both sides, and rumours of this quickly spread to the soldiers, discouraging them from surrendering or defecting to the enemy. The cruelty of the Nazis enabled Stalin to declare a Great Patriotic War, where all the Soviet peoples would stand as one against the Fascist scourge. If one wasn't a genocidal regime, one could perhaps have started some sort of civil war in the Soviet Union, like in the previous war.
>>
File: nooseguy.png (380KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
nooseguy.png
380KB, 530x800px
>>3330417
>tfw hitlers anti-slavic autism cost him the war
>>
any soldier captured will be held in high scrutiny when they were liberated,there's a high chance you'll be put into a penal battalion to redeem yourself or be executed for treason
hiwis were thus one of the most hardest fighting unit in the wehrmacht,since they have no illusion of being executed if captured
>>
>>3330417
Hitler really screwed the pooch on that. They were originally welcoming the Germans as liberators. Given how close to Moscow Germany was before Russian winter kicked into gear, they could've taken it if they didn't waste so much time destroying ever little city, town, and village in Slavic lands. The help of those soldiers and supporters would've been of tremendous value. But nope, Hitler just had to have his autistic view on Russia.
>>
>>3331189
This
Partisans really fucked up the supply lines for the krauts which is already fucked up because off the massive distance and also poor infrastructure
>>
>>3331189
>russian winter meme
no lad, the spring was even worse
>>
>>3330355
>Why did hundreds of thousands of Russians volunteer to fight on the German side in WW2 against the Bolsheviks?
Because, for most of them, it was that or be sent to a concentration camp
>>
>>3332137
A fuck ton of Ukrainians fought for the Germans as well.
>>
>>3331189
This pains me greatly, not only would he have had the support of the people as his troops marched but imagine being able to throw a few dozen Ukrainian divisions into Moscow or Stalingrad instead of having to feed your trained forces to the meat grinder
>>
>>3330417
t. Abwehraboo

Muh civil war
>>
>people fighting against the retarded bureaucrats that were conquering them, oppressing them, starving them, executing them, imprisoning them, genociding them

Germans didn't even actually give a fuck about who the aryans were if you were a slantyeyed Finngolian who killed 300 Russians with your dying breath you were an Aryan.
>>
>>3330355
>What was their end goal/endgame

Join Western armies
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.