[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those religious persons who believe in a "hell"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

For those religious persons who believe in a "hell" as an eternal punishment for sin, how can this belief be rectified with 1) an omnibenevolent god (so long as this is applicable to your beliefs), and 2) infinite punishment for sins in a finite time frame?
>>
1) literally no one believes this
2) they deserve it
>>
File: 1499288378118.png (50KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499288378118.png
50KB, 417x500px
Hell would only be for irredeemable sinners who didn't change their ways, so basically there sin would be eternal.
This is why the notion of purgatory existed, as it clears those who die in sin, which is basically everyone, of eternal hellfire.

Also, not every Christian theologian agreed on eternal punishment, but its controversial nature really only existed in the early church. People, like Origen, believed that even the Devil had the chance of redemption in God's eyes.

The current Catholic church really likes to downplay the notion of hell or the devil and focus on God and Jesus. You basically only hear about him during baptisms or the rare bible verses he's referenced in.
>>
>>3327036
It's more complex than merely going to hell for being bad.
There is a god of light and a god of darkness, so you align yourself with the god of darkness you're going to hell.
>>
File: 1492026108268.jpg (84KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
1492026108268.jpg
84KB, 358x429px
>>3327202
Go take a bath, Cathar scum
>>
>>3327212
But Im not cathar.
>>
>>3327237
All gnostic scum is the same. And don't try to tell me you're a Mazdaist, because it's the same. Zurvanists have no quarter in Heaven.
>>
>>3327239
I'm merely spiritual, and I have this belief because I have tested it, you're probably one of the many christians that will burn in hell for being christian.
Have fun arguing against science to keep your belief afloat, meanwhile meditation has been proven to improve health and cause spiritual experiences by science.
>>
File: PyramidLandowner.png (1MB, 1059x850px) Image search: [Google]
PyramidLandowner.png
1MB, 1059x850px
>>3327036

>an omnibenevolent god (so long as this is applicable to your beliefs),

God isn't "omnibenevolent."

> infinite punishment for sins in a finite time frame?

The crimes of the Moses worshipers are personal offenses against God, God's plan, and God's creatures in the name of God. It's vengeance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZbXf0Fyn0
>>
So Christians don't believe that everything which has a beginning has an end? Sad!
>>
>>3328939
Sad for you fuckboy.
Enjoy exposing yourself to the End.
>>
>>3327036
>an omnibenevolent god
Contrary to being repugnant to the goodness of Gos it is the manifestation of that goodness, because it is justice.
>infinite punishment for sins in a finite time frame
There is no such thing as a finite sin against an infinite God.
>>
>>3328955
Lmao next you'll tell me that it's possible to create something from nothing
>>
>>3328991
The notion of a beginning is necessary to create temporal markers without which there would be no common base to place events on a historical timeline.
For example, without Jesus, who knows how many retarded different calendars we'd have.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.