[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this particular outfit (suit, tie, underjacket) become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 90.jpg (166KB, 1160x618px) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
166KB, 1160x618px
How did this particular outfit (suit, tie, underjacket) become so popular that it is accepted as the proper dress for men all around the world? Think about it, these two people have basically nothing in common, yet they're wearing the exact same clothes. Why is that?
>>
>>3326413
western imperialism
>>
>>3326413
It is traditional Anglo attire.
>>
>>3326413
bump for interest, i know that because the current nation-state system and current corporate systems generally were set up by europeans and that was what europeans wore so it got spread around the world to developing nations. However i have no idea why europeans adopted it as their preferred style of dress for people of wealth and status, especially considering it hardly actually indicates wealth status or power compared to the attire of, say, the french nobility of the 18th century.
>>
>>3326428
But it did indicate wealth, status, and power. The reason the rest of Europe started talking French and wearing wigs and tights in the 18th century is the same reason they started talking English and wearing suits and ties in the next century.
>>
File: Obama and McKayla.jpg (87KB, 905x603px) Image search: [Google]
Obama and McKayla.jpg
87KB, 905x603px
>>3326428
1) The suit & tie does indicate wealth and status and power BUT
2) It does so in a way that's in line with liberal society's ideals that all men are equal and that you're just an accomplished citizen not some snooty blue-blooded nobleman.
>>
>>3326413

Good question.

A fashion of the times, very likely in line with what >>3326455 says. Except that is more like a fake 'liberal' pretension. Anyone can wear a suit and it doesn't mean shit at all. Older attire was more honest in the sense that only the ones with actual status/power could afford/were allowed to wear them.

Anyway, when did the suit fashion started being a thing?
>>
Imperialist nonsense, and 'looking good' does not jive well with liberal propaganda.
>>
When did the Chinese give up on the mao suit?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.