[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone give me a rundown on the history of troop inspection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0674.jpg (81KB, 602x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0674.jpg
81KB, 602x334px
can someone give me a rundown on the history of troop inspection?
how did it start, what propaganda goals does it serve? I mean you can't actually tell the quality of troops from how pretty they can look.
is I t meant to scare the enemy or scare the native populace? Is it meant to show the separation between the leaders and the armed troops?
>>
File: IMG_0676.jpg (139KB, 608x342px)
IMG_0676.jpg
139KB, 608x342px
>>
File: IMG_0678.jpg (280KB, 594x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0678.jpg
280KB, 594x401px
>>
>>3326076
>I mean you can't actually tell the quality of troops from how pretty they can look. You can tell by how little the fuck up, how detail oriented they are, etc.

A prepared soldier is a disciplined soldier. An organized army able to actually put on a show like inspections or parades has it's poop in a group. It's good for (local and troop) morale as well as scaring others. It's good for practice.
>>
>>3326076
It comes from a time when the commander might want to make sure equipment, clothing, and food are actually getting to the troops, and enough training is going on that they know how to make a few basic moves. Only seeing with his own eyes can assure him that the quartermaster isn't starving them for his own profit, the weapons are in good repair, how many can stand up rather than lie in the infirmary, etc.
>>
It's an actual inspection? I thought they generals and heads of state just kind of take a casual stroll as a formality.

Is there a penis inspection element?
>>
>>3327060

no, serious military inspections are nothing like this, think paperwork out the ass
>>
File: IMG_0700.jpg (183KB, 750x498px)
IMG_0700.jpg
183KB, 750x498px
>>3327060
>an actual inspection
Not in the sense you mean it.
That is part of what I am interested in, how it evolved from however it started, to heads of state or generals strolling part honer guards.
>>
File: IMG_0701.jpg (464KB, 821x1024px)
IMG_0701.jpg
464KB, 821x1024px
>>3327055
I can see that here
>>3326086
And in pic related.
Where their full gear is loaded out and easy to see if they are outfitted right. And they are in combat uniforms, not dress.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.