[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would history be different if the July plot had been successful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 158221-004-97CEBB49.jpg (36KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
158221-004-97CEBB49.jpg
36KB, 450x450px
How would history be different if the July plot had been successful and hitler was killed? How would the war have changed? what would have happened?
>>
>>3324422
Who knows?
>>
>>3324422
Most likely a mini-civil war ensues between the putschists, the SS and other various elements, which only furthers chaos and brings Allies closer to victory.

If the Stauffenberg clique prevails they probably ask for a separate peace with the Western Allies (with USSR it was next to impossible). They're basicaly a Nazi-lite group and Allies refuse. The Germans give up the fight earlier because of infighting and because no one knows what to do next. Germany is still taken and occupied by Allies, though the measures are probably not as harsh.
>>
>>3324428
Nice contribution, faggot.
>>
>>3324428
this is the only correct answer

>>3324461
counterfactual history is stupid and only morons and children bother with it

>>3324454
moron/child enjoying his fan fiction i see
>>
>>3324468
Oh, you're too good to discuss hypothetical situations and entertaining a simple idea meant to foster discussion, because there's no value to imagination. Do you exercise this crippling inferiority complex in real life, or is this your only outlet?
>>
>>3324513

Look into any well-documented historical event and you will see countless variables that influenced its outcome. The idea that you could account for enough of these variables to make any discussion worthwhile is completely unreasonable.

For example, take >>3324454

I could come up with a completely different depiction of events following the the OP's absolutely stupid question(no sense of scale, just how would """""history""""" be changed if Hitler died at x time) and as long as I did not insert anything retarded it would be just as probable as this idiot's fanfiction.

Now you could try and tell me that our two differing interpretations of events could be weighed up against each other for their probability but this isn't really possible due to the aforementioned multitude of variables influencing these events.

Consider this poster's statement that measures in the peace process would be 'less harsh'. Based on what fucking logic? That the allies would have known in an alternate timeline Hitler would have lasted a year longer and therefore would have been grateful for the factionalism of their enemies? What even constitutes 'less harsh' terms. Germany was divided, and it was divided in part because of distrust between the Soviet Union and the other Allies. Would this have been changed by Hitler dying a year early? It doesn't seem like it, so already this suggestion looks pretty fucking stupid and based on fantasy. But then again, who knows?

It really is stupid.
>>
>>3324468
>>3324571

Pure 100% autism
>>
>>3324571
You get a kick out being this much of a complete buzzkill?
>>
>>3324571
>>3324468
hurr
HURRRR
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.