[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a term for someone who follows Catholic teaching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9350.jpg (249KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9350.jpg
249KB, 960x640px
What's a term for someone who follows Catholic teaching and traditions, but rejects the authority of the Pope?
>>
A Tudor
>>
sedevacantist
>>
a retard
>>
>>3323173
Anglican.
>>
a fucking idiot

if you don't believe in the authority of the pope, then all the rest crumbles
>>
>>3323173
Sedevacantist or Old Catholic.
>>
>>3323173
Jordan Peterson Baby's First Philosopher Cuck
>>
>>3323173
>What's a term for someone who follows Catholic teaching and traditions, but rejects the authority of the Pope?
TradCath, Anglican (old) or those novus ordo watch guys.
>>
>>3323194
why it isn't possible to accept the pope as leader without accepting his infallibility?
>>
>>3323173
a Protestant
>>
are you one of those "Trump isn't my president" people too?
>>
>>3324803
But Trump hates the pope. So its probably the "Trump is my Pope" people.
>>
>>3323210
>>3323194

It's perfectly sensible to reject the magic priest without throwing out the religion he preaches, but then why even call yourself a Catholic and not, say, an Anglican / Episcopalian.
>>
>>3323173
Anglican
>>
>>3323210
The Pope isn't infallible. Papal infallibility has been invoked like three times in all of recorded history.
>>
>>3323173

Eastern Orthodox.
Want to see the Catholic Church but without an official leader?
Look no farther than eastern Europe.
>>
>>3323173
Eastern Catholics technically view their Patriarchs as equal to the Pope but I'm not sure how much>>3323173
that's practiced in this age of celebrity popes.
>>
>>3324826
because Anglican is the gay church of the brit king that wanted to marry how many times he wanted.
>>
Can one be a Catholic but not believe in God?
>>
>>3324914
not in Catholic church.

But you can just practice "Liberal Theology" that is very popular in the Anglo and Scandi churches. Just search the Anglo-Bishop Spong's proposition for a Christianity without Theism.
>>
>>3323178
this
>>
>>3323173
Why not just take it a step further and stop with all the pagan-esq traditions as well?
>>
>>3323173
Heretic
>>
>>3323173
You described anglicanism
>>
>>3323173

A true catholic, since Vatican 2 all popes should be rejected.
>>
I know this doesn't belong on this board but some time ago I had a vivid dream about being in a place that looked exactly like this.
The stone tower's top was the only thing not submerged in water.
At the water level was a little place of dirt I could sit on and walk a little bit around, a decaying tree was laying right at this point.
I was sitting there, contemplating life and enjoying the nature when I suddenly started to realize I have no way of getting back to the woods without getting wet.
In my dream it was impossible for me to get into the water so I just sat there doing nothing.
Then I looked inside the tower, saw a treasure box and knew I could neither get to the box nor to the shore.
Then I woke up.

It all looked exactly like in this picture. I was raised as an atheist and have never seen this picture.
Where is this beautiful ruin? It looks like a direct replica from this dream.

Weirdly the whole dream felt so comfy...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.