[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Darius just go through the Caucasus? Did he fear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1280px-DariusScythes_ru.svg.png (1MB, 1280x906px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-DariusScythes_ru.svg.png
1MB, 1280x906px
Why didn't Darius just go through the Caucasus? Did he fear the чypкa warrior?
>>
Logistics, the Persians had a pretty good navy and could easily secure the Hellespont.
>>
There's no fucking reason to. The Caucuses are about as difficult to cross as the alps, crossing them is something you'd want to avoid at all cost
>>
>>3322482
Excuses
>>
>>3322555
How did the Scythians cross them all the time then? Did the churka fear the Iranic warrior?
>>
>>3322473
You do realize I hope that the Black Sea coast was fully inhabited right? And so was the Caucasus? He would have had to fight his way through a hundred of tribes and a dozen petty kingdoms before reaching Greece.
>>
Is the Scythian campaign's extent even legit? To my knowledge all we have on it is Herodotus's word, which is iffy at the best of times.
>>
>>3325111
Cyrus just prolly died of Illness instead of Death by Snusnu.
>>
>>3325111
>To my knowledge all we have on it is Herodotus's word, which is iffy at the best of times.

I hate this meme. The guy reported what he heard. What possible reason would someone have to make up a campaign by the Persian army against the nomadic tribes of the Euxine?
>>
>>3325111
It does admittedly seem like a waste of time.
>>
>>3325111
Then how did Cyrus die?
>>
>>3328034
Depression over the rise in Nabatean date prices.

Also, it's unlikely he was a king, considering the limitations of contemporary logistics, he was probably a village elder.
>>
>>3322473
Who did he fear?

Well Assyrians feared the Urartu (Ararat) as the cat fears the mouse, they just couldn't handle it, they were the Armeno-Caucasus warriors and civilizers, Etrscans were their spawn, they ha dsurvived after the fall of the Hittitic celts
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.