[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /his/, recently I've been getting more in to religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0966.jpg (126KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0966.jpg
126KB, 750x740px
Hi /his/, recently I've been getting more in to religion and I want to know what the key aspects, rules, end goals and talking points of the three big ones are.

I never grew up with some enforced religion so all the values and teaching I've learned are through reading and researching

So far this is what I have established:
In Christianity God can be represented in The Holy Trinity. There are different interpretations of THT but the main idea is that Jesus is the true son of God and he died for the sins of all people. Jesus must be the son of God because if not, Jesus' death was in vain as the death of a God is the only adequate penalty for sins judged by God. Jews believe that Jesus was not the son of God but the son of Pandere (Pantera) and that the true son of God has not yet arrived. I'm not completely filled in on Islam, but they recognize that the Talmud and Christian Bible are legitimate, but they also believe that the current texts have been changed from that of antiquity, and that Islam is the answer to both other religions.

It seems the the other religions' main issue is the recognition of Jesus as The Son of God, and I know there is a dispute between Islam and Judaism about rights to Israel.

What else should I know as entry level knowledge? And is the information I have correct? Thanks guys
>>
>>3321832
>Judaism
>Big 3

the main idea is that Jesus is the true son of God and he died for the sins of all people. Jesus must be the son of God because if not, Jesus' death was in vain as the death of a God is the only adequate penalty for sins judged by God.

Most of the stuff after "Son of God" sounds distinctively Protestant to me.
>>
>>3321874
That paragraph was meant to be a quotation.
>>
If you want serious discussion you'll have to talk to educated memembers of a given religion, all you'll find here is Fedorafags, WEWUZing catholics, and those alt-right "mudslimes are outbreeding is" types
Fair warning
>>
>>3321874
Does that mean it's incorrect?
>>
File: IMG_0869.jpg (98KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0869.jpg
98KB, 600x490px
Bump for knowledge
>>
>>3322388
If you're saying that's a basic tenet of the religion, then yes. I believe that view is known as divine substitution or something like that. The better way to explain the common beliefs is that they believe the Messiah of Jews' new covenant with humanity would not be consistent with the corruption of Pharisees, and would not be a mere prophet but a source of Revealed Knowledge through making miracles rather than foretelling them. So, due to this corruption the suffering of God was inevitable and foreknown to him, and this suffering or 'Passion' was a divine lesson that the Holy Spirit is in everything and humanity can be so harmonious with His will or wishes that "on Earth (it may be) as it is in Heaven."

That's just my view of the consensus, but you should check stuff like the Nicene Creed which is recited in many churches every week.

On the other hand, Muslims believe their Prophet is the final or most authoritative one, and he also had many personal deeds which are followed through non-Koranic sources that have different levels of status in different sects.
>>
I swear I've seen this posted before, is it a copypasta?

judaism isn't part of the big three religions

judaism is a religion that's a manifestation of the culture of Israel, it's a religion based on the experiences and laws for the Jewish people, they don't believe that the messiah will be the son of God. they don't believe in multiple Gods as they consider that idolatry

islam is kind of a mash of various desert pagan beliefs combined with judaism and christianity, but its theologically more closer to judaism than christianity, as they also dislike idolatry
>>
>>3323618
No it's not copypasta, that was me too and it turned out to be a really informative thread so I posted it again
>>
Metaphysics first man, learn about cyclical history, the mental prejudice and the literary prejudice. I recommend The Mystery of the Grail, explains how the Holy Grail mythos can be considered a religion in of itself more related to the pre christian religions than any of the main 3 desert religions.
>>
What it really comes down, once you get past all the metaphysical nonsense is this.

The Jesus of the New Testament is to Judaism what SJW is to the white race. You've got a guy who goes around claiming that the race is the source of evil, that all of their values are wrong, and that they need to repent for all their evil. He even denies the special place of the race. So it's an egalaterian thing.

The theology of Jesus makes no sense to the Jews. They are much better off with their ethno-superiority religion.

For the Muslims, which is essentially a war-religion, the New Testament Jesus is a defeated man, something much lower than a God. In their version Jesus never died on the cross, in other words their Jesus wasn't defeated and he acknowledges Muhamid as greater than him because Muhamid is a warrior while Jesus is not.

All the talk about metaphysics and history is just a way of justifying these feelings.
>>
>>3324868
>metaphysical nonsense
I bet you are a /lit/fag
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.