[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In 1925, in his first known love affair, Montgomery, then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Bernard_Law_Montgomery.jpg (82KB, 549x700px) Image search: [Google]
Bernard_Law_Montgomery.jpg
82KB, 549x700px
>In 1925, in his first known love affair, Montgomery, then in his late thirties, courted a 17-year-old girl, Miss Betty Anderson. His method of courtship apparently included drawing diagrams in the sand of how he would deploy his tanks and infantry in a future war, a contingency which seemed very remote at that time. She respected his ambition and single-mindedness, but declined his proposal of marriage.
>One incident that illustrated this occurred during the North African campaign when Montgomery bet Walter Bedell Smith that he could capture Sfax by the middle of April 1943. Smith jokingly replied that if Montgomery could do it he would give him a Flying Fortress complete with crew. Smith promptly forgot all about it, but Montgomery did not, and when Sfax was taken on 10 April he sent a message to Smith "claiming his winnings". Smith tried to laugh it off, but Montgomery was having none of it and insisted on his aircraft. It got as high as Eisenhower who, with his renowned skill in diplomacy, ensured Montgomery did get his Flying Fortress, though at a great cost in ill feeling. Even Alanbrooke thought it "crass stupidity".
is he >ourmanlet?
>>
He was a scumbag.
>>
>Was it Autism?

yes
>>
Monty was a massive autist who, while usually competent did not have the diplomatic skills required as part of an international force. Especially one where Britain was the junior partner.
He was lucky that British High Command didn't have anyone to replace him with.
>>
>>3317294
Goddamn was he handsome
>>
>>3317294
>Montgomery, then in his late thirties, courted a 17-year-old girl
/his/ gives me the weirdest boners.
>>
>>3317319
>competent

Won the second battle of El ElAmain (however the fuck you spell it) only because of massive numerical advantage in troops, an even massiver numerical advantage in heavy weapons against an enemy that was running out of fuel and food.

And just ask the Polish about Market Garden.
>>
>>3317294
>His method of courtship apparently included drawing diagrams in the sand of how he would deploy his tanks and infantry in a future war

“And as you can see here, me love, I’ll just keep throwing men into the meat grinder until I drown the enemy in our own blood!”
>>
>>3318402
No that's haig
>>
>>3317730
Not the guy you're responding to, but he outmaneuvered Rommel pretty damn badly in it too, pulling Rommel's trademark trick of luring the enemy armor right into emplacements of ATGs right back at him.

And his performance in battles like Sicily and the breakout post Normandy was extremely good.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.