[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Finns, Estonians and Hungarians speaking Uralic languages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1504124983261.jpg (68KB, 506x380px) Image search: [Google]
1504124983261.jpg
68KB, 506x380px
Why are Finns, Estonians and Hungarians speaking Uralic languages and not Indo European?
>>
>>3315539
cuz they r Uralic ppl???
>>
>>3315542

Hungarians because of elite domination

Finns and Estonians more so because of male mediated folk migration
>>
>>3315545
>Hungarians because of elite domination
there's literally no source for that. stop being retarded. also hungary is ugric.
>>
The Kurgans were ferocious warriors but no match to the clever, disciplined, strong Mongols
>>
>>3315547

Are you baiting?
>>
>>3315549
No, i'm telling you to stop being retard, are you insisting on being retarded? Don't do that.
>>
>>3315554

So you think that people who were genetically close to Austrians were living in the Ugric Urals even though modern day Ugric people are half Asian?
>>
>>3315556
Well, we still do not know the genetic make up of the original Magyars, 'tard. They could have been pure european or half asians or predomiantly european with small amount of mongoloid blood. And obviously Hungarians are mixed but there's not enough evidence for that.
>>
Because uralic languages were probably widespread throughout eastern Europe, but later got replaced by Indo European languages because of migrations and stuff. Those regions are just those where the language managed to survive.
Languages die out and get replaced all the time, this isn't anything new or special really.
>>
File: SNP-N-TREE-FIN.jpg (694KB, 1030x957px)
SNP-N-TREE-FIN.jpg
694KB, 1030x957px
Iirc there were 5 great migrations into present day Estonia. FU were the last which recent data put at Bronze age ~1800BC, IE migration the one before.

Also pic related, which lacks estonian donors, implies a FU background for Rurikids and Gediminds - that is mixing, probably in the elites.curious stuff tho.
>>
>>3315577

Nope. The Uralic language family is much younger than IE.
>>
>>3315584

Much later than 1800 BC. The cultural affinities of Estonia were strictly Indo-European until the end of the Bronze Age.
>>
>>3315585
So what? That doesn't tell anything about previous geographic locations. Both language groups are still thousands of years old.
>>
>>3315585
But the IE migrations are younger than Uralic languages
>>
different origins and kept the language, why is it so difficult to understand?
>>
>>3315597

What? That doesn't make any sense.

Uralic languages in Europe expanded over relic Paleo-European and fringe Baltic(or other) Indo-European languages.
>>
>>3315593
I was under the impression that it was still debated wether arrival of FU is marked by comb-ceramics(5-4kBC) or the appearance of fortified hillforts at the bronze age. As I understand it, the consensus used to lean towards the former, but now towards the latter.
>>
>>3315610

Comb Ceramic doesn't fit into the timeline. It starts around 5000 BC. All Uralic languages have a common ancestor that's at least 2k years younger.
>>
>>3315554
t. Bozgor
>>
>>3315622
t. Radu Radulescu, roma(n) citizen
>>
>>3315635
Romanians are the true cucks
>Romans genocide their ass
>Become cucked and assimilated
>Worship Trajan who ravaged their clay
>>
>>3315622
>>3315635
And it begins.
>>
File: bsmzmx.png (92KB, 645x893px) Image search: [Google]
bsmzmx.png
92KB, 645x893px
>>3315614
So hillforts and bronze age then?
>>
>>3315648

This paper is so old it hurts to read.

But yes final BA makes the most sense with the available information.
>>
>>3315651
It's a wiki reference.

Provide a good mailing list for ancienty timey studies, then perhaps?
>>
>>3315539
Were hungarians chinkier back then?

I know they mixed with the people who lived in what is now Hungary, but those were even chinkier I think.

I mean chinkier as having slanted eyes and round face.
>>
>>3315666
>Were hungarians chinkier back then?
we don't know.
>>
>>3315666
>live on the steppes coming from somwhere the Ural mountains
>were they chinks

they were mistaken for turks
>>
>>3315663

Page 63

http://www.oulu.fi/sites/default/files/content/CIFU12-PlenaryPapers.pdf
>>
>>3315682
Cool beans.

Also heard that that guy was writing a book on this very subject. Anticipation intensifies.
>>
>>3315681
wow really good answer anon.
kys
>>
>>3315700

I'd like to see some DNA studies on

>It occurred that two analysed persons from the Kunda grave were immigrants indeed while two other persons from Ilmandu were obviously locals. Moreover, this analysis showed that the two Kunda persons were not born in south-western Finland and not in Scandinavia or central Europe either. Unfortunately, we do not know whether or not they were born somewhere east of Estonia because there is no comp arable background information about Strontium values.

I reckon these language spreading immigrants came from some location between Ladoga, Kostroma and Pskov.
>>
>>3315713
you are just a retarded underage dumbfuck

you will actually kill yourself :)
>>
>>3315721
You could probably mail him and get an answer.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.