[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Wilson do anything to help the Armenians after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Why didn't Wilson do anything to help the Armenians after they begged him to intervene?
>>
what was in it for him?
>>
>>3314731
Turks fought against armenians, won and forced the allies to cancel the treaty of sevres
>>
>>3314731
>no more balance of power, we need foreign policy out of goodwill
>let's help any country that fights for democracy
>we will stand with any people to let them choose their fate
>collective world effort will bring these i democratic rulers to their knees
>time to put money where mouth is
>lol fuck you guys, you're on your own.

In all seriousness, Wilson had a hard enough time getting the heavily isolationist US to intervene in WW1. If he wanted to help them based on his theory of American foreign policy, his hands were likely tied in that Congress nor the people would go along with starting a war based on humanitarian issues. Up until WW2, the whole America spreading democracy thing was just by being a beacon that other countries looked to as an example for the perfect institutions.
>>
>>3314731
> be Armenian

>live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in some worthless mountains

>neighbors are angry roaches and commies

>ask myself "why won't anyone help my irrelevant ass?"
>>
Tbh i think he thought the turks are just going to keel over like germany and austria after losing ww1 and getting partitioned into small states, but attat*rk somehow managed to make the turk fought back and won forcing the allies to cancel the treaty of sevres.

I think at that point wilson and the allies just said fuck it, everyone is tired after ww1 and unwilling to send troops again for small irrelevant country like armenia
>>
File: Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.jpg (171KB, 945x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.jpg
171KB, 945x1280px
>>3314731
he was probably "advised" not to

http://www.nysun.com/opinion/ataturks-turkey-overturned/58997/
>>
>>3315011
>Wilson had a hard enough time getting the heavily isolationist US to intervene in WW1

Stopped reading there. Wilson was the last guy on the US government who wanted to go to war. His cabinet had been begging him to join the war for years while the Republicans in Congress were calling for it since 1914. Fucking teddy Roosevelt would write op-eds about how great joining would be.
>>
>>3315199
>Kurds were communist in early 1900s
wh*Tes are fucking retarded
>>
>>3314731

because the turks did nothing wrong. Really, this "genocide" was nothing more than the turks kicking a bunch of traitorious scumbags out of their country, then they cry about it being the worst crime ever.
>>
1. How the fuck would he get people there
2. How convince Republicans to accept a mandate.
3. Armenians were working with and against soviets making it chaotic.
4. Turks were being typical Turks and breaking the armistice.
>>
Because he was a cunt
>>
>>3316260
t. subhuman r*ach
>>
>>3316378

>How the fuck would he get people there

America has a navy, know you.

>How convince Republicans to accept a mandate.

Republicans usually don't need much convincing when it comes to declaring war.
>>
>>3316450
Look closer at that map.

Republicans weren't about to ratify half the shit in Versailles let alone pay to prop up an Armenian state.
>>
>>3314731
Because until Obama he was the worst president the US ever had.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.