[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Jerusalem considered so Holy by all three Abrahamic religions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: jerusalem.jpg (1MB, 4317x3238px) Image search: [Google]
jerusalem.jpg
1MB, 4317x3238px
Why is Jerusalem considered so Holy by all three Abrahamic religions? I know we Christians consider it Holy Land, but not so sure why. Is it because Jesus walked this land? I know about the jews - they consider it Canaan, the Promised Land. I would like some of you to elaborate these 2 topics. But why muslims consider this holy? This is mystery to me. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>3308525
It's where Muhammed had a wacky adventure.
The angel gayboy took him to Jerusalem then chucked him at heaven to meet all the previous prophets and to learn the signs of god or something.
>>
Mainly because if you are going to make up a nice fairytale called religion, you might want to incorporate already existing religious symbols to give your fairytale more legitimacy, so since Jerusalem was the holy city of Jews, Christians and muslims also wanted to incorporate the city somehow to make their religions look more legit.

Note that christianity during its beginning mainly tried to convert the 8 million jews living in the roman empire, opening up christianity to anyone came only later. So if you want to convert jews you need something that they like.

Muslims wanted to convert both Jews and Christians so they also needed a symbol that Jews and Christians knew and liked.

Etc. pp.
>>
File: 1504022978461.jpg (42KB, 640x604px) Image search: [Google]
1504022978461.jpg
42KB, 640x604px
>>3308695
>>
>I know we Christians consider it Holy Land, but not so sure why
how are you a Christian if you lack even this basic knowledge of the faith?
>>
File: 1504022508542.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1504022508542.png
148KB, 300x300px
>>3308525
>christian
>doesn't know shit about his religion
How classical
>>
>too retarded to google 2 words
>Christian but doesn't know about Christianity
fuck you're retarded

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_in_Islam
>>
File: OuOWAGh0.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
OuOWAGh0.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Temple of Solomon
Jesus' crucifixion
Muhmammed's passing into Heaven
>>
File: pyramidkek.png (560KB, 539x850px) Image search: [Google]
pyramidkek.png
560KB, 539x850px
>>3308525
>>3308695

>Why is Jerusalem considered so Holy by all three Abrahamic religions?

Because if they didn't think it's holy that would mean they're just an ancient gang of terrorist pirates posing as divinely sanctioned authorities.

> "In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day--for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!" - Jesus (Luke 13:33)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFaRwpZhdS8
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.