[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was wrong with Hess, how could someone so mad climb so high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Rudolph Hess.jpg (21KB, 347x591px) Image search: [Google]
Rudolph Hess.jpg
21KB, 347x591px
What was wrong with Hess, how could someone so mad climb so high in the party's ranks?

- Flew all the way to Scotland on a glider, when he landed he asked the first farmer he met to take him to the Prime Minister for a very important peace talk but instead he took Hess to a nearby police station where he was imprisoned like a common robber.
- During his imprisonment he collected samples of every food he was given believing they were poisoning him. He hoped to later have them analyzed by the Reich's scientists once he would be released back.
- At the Nuremberg trials he kept saying "NO" instead of "Not guilty" despite being corrected by the judges already
- When he was made aware of death camps, Hess answered that the only explanation was that Jews must have hypnotized Hitler and most of the Germans into genociding them so that they could later blame Germany
- Eventually his claims got so outlandish Goebbels had to put on a pair of sunglasses to hide his embarrassment
- During the Nuremberg trials he was seen whispering into his hand and staring at the ceiling. When inquired about it, he claimed to be in possession of a micro-radio receiver and that he was in contact with Hitler himself, who assure he would send in paratroopers to free them. The thing in his hand turned out to be a tea biscuit he took from the cafeteria.
- Still unable to cope with the loss of Hitler, during his imprisonment in Spandau he created many crude medaillons bearing the face of Hitler, in the same fashion as Sonichu's medallion. He asked his inmates to wear them in his memory, but many refused.
>>
>>3308031

War has a negative effect on everybody, but some take it harder than others. I recently came across a story of a British officer during African theatre of WW1 who became utterly convinced that his boat, which was carrying him and his troops to Africa, was going backwards. The captain and crew tried very hard to convince him that there ship was going the proper direction, but he just kept getting more and more angry. "I outrank all of you, who are you to be telling me that I am wrong!" Eventually he did accept that the ship was going forwards, however. At that point, he became convinced that the ship was actually on fire. Again, the crew assured him that there was no fire, he was merely smelling the food being prepared. Again he became angry. "Who is the best judge of whether or not the ship is on fire? It is me! I'm in charge here!" Only after being lead down to the kitchen and seeing the food being prepared did he finally calm down and accept that the boat wasn't on fire. The author of the book attributes this behavior to shell shock, that the officer had simply lost his nerve after fighting in the wilderness for so long.
>>
>>3308031
>Goebbels
You mean Goring?
>>
>>3308031
Most of those anecdotes are fabricated, and the ones that aren't are exaggerated, or decontextualized.
>>
>>3308031
>- When he was made aware of death camps, Hess answered that the only explanation was that Jews must have hypnotized Hitler and most of the Germans into genociding them so that they could later blame Germany
jesus christ my fucking sides holy shit
>>
>>3308031
>- Flew all the way to Scotland on a glider

What? It was a modified Messerschmitt Bf 110, not a fucking "glider".
>>
>>3308031
> glide over the north sea to Scotland
wew lad
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.