[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are yanks so obsessed with this war? It doesn't even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: War_of_1812_final_version.png (307KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
War_of_1812_final_version.png
307KB, 400x400px
Why are yanks so obsessed with this war? It doesn't even register on the Bongs historical radar, they weren't even trying at the time. The Bongs were in a full-fledged huge continental war with Napoleon, the thing with America was just them swatting a fly, and even then they still managed to burn down the white house.

It's like being in a boxing match against WWE champion and then a little baby crawls up to you and starts throwing punches. You're not gonna care, you'll just be like "shoo, go away, i'm busy now".
>>
why are brits so obsessed with burning down an unfinished building in a nearly unpopulated swamp?
>>
>>3306905
DRAIN THE SWAMP
history repeats itself
>>
>>3306855
They aren't. You take a poll of 100 random Americans, and I'd guess that less than 12 would even remember what the war of 1812 is, let alone anything meaningful about it.

The only people obsessed with it are /int/ style shitposeters, because they need to constantly wank whatever country they pitch for.
>>
>>3306855
Basically, if you want to picture it, imagine a lion fighting a bear
Then on the lion's tail, there's a mouse bitting it very hard but without the lion giving a shit
And then on this mouse, there's a mosquito bitting it

Lion is France, bear is Russia, mouse is Britain and mosquito is America
>>
>>3306855
>Why are yanks so obsessed with this war?

we arent. Its a common joke in the US that no one knows what the fuck that war was even about
>>
File: USA.jpg (643KB, 2036x1076px) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
643KB, 2036x1076px
>>3306855
>You're not gonna care, you'll just be like "shoo, go away, i'm busy now".

>mfw brits ALWAYS bring this shit up and pretend they arent obsessed with it and have to pretend they didnt get BTFO by the superior US for a second time
>>
>>3306855
It's literally referred to as "The Forgotten War" in America you retarded autist.

saged
>>
>>3306855
D.C. was in a really underdeveloped area easily accessible from the coast and the Brits obviously had complete sea dominance around the globe at this point. Burning down the WH wasn't a major accomplishment as they could never have occupied Philadelphia, Boston, or NY
>>
>>3307277
Kind of a shame, since it included the kamikaze tornado throwing the Brits out of DC and the lopsided Battle of New Orleans. It's a good story.
>>
File: apu.jpg (71KB, 669x500px) Image search: [Google]
apu.jpg
71KB, 669x500px
here is your answer
>
>>
>>3307277
That's Korea m8
>>
>>3308174

>most Americans never learn of the first recorded tornado in that region's history that touches down and puts out the fires before tossing the british flotilla around
>>
The only wars Americans care about are the revolution, civil war, ww2, and Vietnam.
>>
>>3306855
>Why are Canadians so obsessed with this war?
ftfy
Americans never think about the war of 1812, only Canadians think it's important and only because it's their one moment in history where they one-upped their southern neighborhood.
>>
>>3306855
>Why are yanks so obsessed with this war?
They aren't. Most don't know it happened, and out of the ones who do, most aren't obsessed with it.
>>
>>3306855
Only you Britshits are obsessed with it.

>Hahaha we burned the White House down
>>
>>3308566

no they didn't, they literally did not exist, nor did they have any agency in the conflict, you're enabling the lie they collectively live by
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.