[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the eastern front of World War 2 so barbarous and savage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: WW2 East Front..jpg (86KB, 906x528px) Image search: [Google]
WW2 East Front..jpg
86KB, 906x528px
Soldiers on both sides in this front committed the most vile acts against each other and civilians.
>>
Other fronts*
>>
>>3305359

G*rms are semi-human savages who can't help but commit atrocities wherever they go.

>Soldiers on both sides

Only the Soviets had soldiers, a G*rm is incapable of anything but acting like a beast. If Soviet tactics against G*rm filth seem extreme, it's only because as Westerners we have a soft spot for dumb animals like dogs and G*rms.
>>
>>3305376
I'm not interested in whatever side you sympathise with. I just want to know why this front was so brutal compared to other fronts.
>>
>>3305394
its ideology vs ideology rather than just ethnostates
>>
>>3305398
>its ideology vs ideology rather than just ethnostates
Is there anything more to it than just that?
>>
>>3305359

I believe it was mostly due to the atrocities one side would commit on the other, which would then be paid back in blood by the opposing side. When you see your best friend Hans shot by a soviet partisan you probably won't give much of a shit when you pen in the russkies to die from exposure, while if your buddy Ivan gets a kraut bullet to the stomach you won't really make much of a fuss when you mass execute other germans.

If you're truly interested I've heard that Bloodlands by Timothy Snyder is a good source to read on more involving the sort of repaid massacres each side committed on the other. Naturally one must couple this with the fact that Russians were fight against a war of annihilation, and seemingly reprehensible acts become much more easy to justify when you are fighting for your very existence as a people.
>>
>>3305359
Germany vs the Soviets was a war of racial and ideological annihilation.

Meanwhile America was doing what was basically a police action in Europe.
>>
>>3305415
No it literally is just that. You had ideologies that went to great lengths to dehumanize eachother and when coupled with the harsher nature of the Eastern front, makes for atrocities.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.