[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently watching this. What can I read to understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: silence-2017-2.jpg (99KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
silence-2017-2.jpg
99KB, 1080x810px
I'm currently watching this.

What can I read to understand better the autism of Japs against christianity?
>>
>>3305172
Showed this to my devoutly Catholic parents. They were appalled at some parts, but found the story tragically beautiful.
>>
>>3305237
It's a great film, the suffering at the end is having to deal with having his faith repressed and pretending to be anti Christian when he was just holding t inside

Read about the martyrs @Op
Don't remember names
But they'd get like crucified by the japs
>>
File: Eclipse.png (281KB, 643x744px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse.png
281KB, 643x744px
>Be an anime enthusiast and a devout catholic.
>Watch this movie.
>Start reading about Japan's atrocities against my brothers and sisters.
>Stopped watching anime.

I fucking hate Japan now, too bad NK missed today.
>>
>Jay Socks
Kek
>>
>>3305172
seomthing in here
https://pastebin.com/S4nTP40Z
>>
>>3305172
Wasn't it more just general autism about keeping Western influence out, with Christianity being a lightning rod because of how quickly it spread? I mean the Dutch were the only ones allowed in the country until Perry showed up, and they could only be in a small district in Nagasaki. The Tokugawa administration was very focused on keeping the people stuck in tradition and their own regions, to the point where roads were kept in poor condition to discourage travel even between fiefs. They sure as shit didn't want dirty Gaijin bringing in new ideas to threaten their powerbase.
>>3305275
Really Christian attitude there pal, good job.
Jokes aside though
>not hating Japan for it's countless other atrocities
They truly are a vicious people, which is what makes them so interesting really. I wonder if there's ever been any kind of study on it?
>>
File: Godly.jpg (80KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Godly.jpg
80KB, 1024x576px
>>3305172
I saw it too, reminded me of the devoutness of Christianity and how beautiful our faith is

but now that you understand what japan did, think about rome, and china, and india, and everywhere else Christianity was preached, japan was rough even by christian standards but they were not the worst

matthew 10:22 basically says everyone will hate you because of what you believe in christ

fight on brothers, we walk a hard road
>>
>>3305401
They hated Christians because the missionaries were loyal to their parent countries and were forming basically autonomous communities under their control.
>>
>>3305410
they hated them for countless reasons, like you said the communities looked like colonization, the Portuguese were abducting japanese people (girls mostly) for slaves to be sent home to lisbon, cultural and religious unrest

Though not all the Portuguese to visit japan were good christians, the good christians to visit japan were still hated, just as it says in the bible with the verse i mentioned before, and they did hate the west because of jesus, that isnt to say thats the only reason though
>>
>>3305400
>>3305172

The tokugawa shogunate was basically a confederation of super traditional feudal states ruled by warlords who each governed his territory hard. It was very decentralised, so each lord would try his best to keep his control.

A foreign religion that can inspire millions of people and change lives was seemingly a threat to their control and traditionalism.

It's funny cause Buddhism itself is completely foreign to Japan as well, so it was more about the feudal Lord trying to maintain power than keeping out "foreign religion", although Christianity did start a huge civil war in China when an offshoot cult started around a guy claiming to be the brother of Jesus.

What's funny is that later Buddhists got their shit pushed in by Shinto when the Meiji revolution happened.
>>
>>3305429
You cant separate Catholicism from European politics. One of Xavior's Goals was to introduce himself as the papal nuncio. The Jesuits founded a cannon foundry in China.

The church was so into secular politics humoring the good Christians would have opened a door for ten fold bad ones.
>>
>>3305469
The buddhist were acutally doing some of the same shit, forming autonomous communities of radicalized believers and usinig religous fear mongering to interfere with politcal leadership.

Nobunaga and Hideoshi spend decades putting those movements down and breaking the power of the major temples. The Christianization of Kyushu threatened to create a similar problem, imagine the Shimabara rebellion on a ten fold scale backed with European navies.
>>
I'd be nasty to asshats causing cultural unrest and making autonomous bubbles. It was/is to Japan as "migrants" are to Europe right now.
>>
>>3305519
The difference of course is we do not live in an autocratic state where civic stability is based on cultural conformity.
>>
>All your traditions are bullshit
>All your gods are false
>No I will not respect your gods
>But come respect my god
Active monotheistic religions are universally hated.
>>
>>3305172
>What can I read to understand better the autism of Japs against christianity?
Because they saw what (((missionaries))) bring and decided not to bend over.
>>
>>3305172
>kidnap their women to become sex slaves for niggers
>surprised when the natives dont take kindly to your religion

are cathocucks the biggest retards out there?
>>
>>3305275
I have largely the same background. It does make one feel sad that a country that can produce something as good as anime had such fucked up moments, in the relatively recent past. But the truly enlightening thing is realizing that every country has done fucked up things if you just dig deep enough. America with the Indians (Hitler admired it), Sweden with their mercenary armies being Europe's dread for a while, etc, etc.

We're all quite ffed up, and modern anime seems to respect Christian ideas quite a lot subtly.
>>
>>3305686
>something as good as anime

kill
your
self
my
man
>>
File: Ritsu.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ritsu.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>3305700
>>3305700
>>
File: pinoy.jpg (414KB, 683x641px) Image search: [Google]
pinoy.jpg
414KB, 683x641px
>>3305172
They saw what happened to Philippines and decided they want none of that
The Dutch were allowed because they're there purely for commerce, and not for christianisation or socio-political-cultural change
>>
File: pyramidkek2.png (996KB, 1110x851px) Image search: [Google]
pyramidkek2.png
996KB, 1110x851px
>>3305401
>>3305172

>but now that you understand what japan did, think about rome, and china, and india, and everywhere else Christianity was preached, japan was rough even by christian standards but they were not the worst

The Japanese should have realized what was going on with the gospels and made a public mockery of "Christians" like "Christians" make of Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ0MGj1jAoc
>>
File: Matteo_Ricci_2.jpg (433KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Matteo_Ricci_2.jpg
433KB, 1536x2048px
>>3305721
>They saw what happened to Philippines and decided they want none of that
There was no such thing as a "Philippines" at the time. Maritime SEA was basically a big empty space for cunts in East Asia, periodically dotted with small kingdoms.

Opposition to Christianity had more to do with Chinese-style "Muh special Empire" brand of xenophobia present in Japan and East Asia than it did a bunch of Islandnigs and Spics.

Though ironically, the Christians were welcome in China itself, as long as they didn't start no trouble.
>>
>>3305275
>>3305686
Worth noting how large and successful the Shimabara rebellion was. Not sure how a country with so many fine Christians is worth ire.
>>
>>3305237
Off topic what do your devoutly Catholic parents think of the Eastern Orthodox?...
>>
>>3305400
Well keep in mind the japs had already had a religious revolt theyd had to put down with the ikki ikki (buddhists in that case).
the fundamental problem was the missionaries really only had a ton of success in kyushu on the periphery, so they were represented by retarded local lords aggravating the central government and then the peasants who rose up in the shimabara rebellion
>>
>>3307507
I've never really talked about it in length with them, but they consider them brothers in faith, and hold out the hope that one day we might be united again. That also reminds me, I found it kind of funny that our priest looks like one of those Orthodox priests with his huge, bushy beard.
>>
>>3307559
United, perhaps one day. And that's a good man, why not sport a beard like Christ?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.