[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Netherlands during the Eighty Years War the Syria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Was the Netherlands during the Eighty Years War the Syria of it's time?
>>
>>3298855
>Crap like this kills threads.
You made me sad OP.
>>
>>3298855

No they got rich(er) out of that war then when it began.
>>
Syria was the Syria of it's (sic) time.
>>
>>3298855
The Eighty Years War is analogous to the Vietnam War. The Thirty Years War is more similar to the Syrian Civil war in terms of being a total shit show.
>>
>>3298855
Why isn't Belgium called Flanders today? People would have a harder time realizing they are a non-country.
>>
>>3301457
>le funny non-country meme xDD
>>
everywhere was either like Syria or North Korea
>>
>>3301457
Belgae/Belgium has existed since antiquity
>>
>>3301526
retard
>>
>EIGHTY
>YEARS
>WAR
Holy shit. I know most of it was sieges and there were lulls and even a few years of peace, but that was metal as fuck.
>>
>>3301576
>100 years war
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>3301477
>t. non country
>>
>>3298855
kind of. the dutch rebels were like the syrian rebels being funded and supported by spains rivals france and england. just like how america and the euro states funded the syrian rebels against the russian ally assad.
>>
>>3298855
>Flevoland on the map
Wrong
>>
>>3303750
>Holland does not look like a cheese slice filled with gigantic lakes
>Zeeland does not have twice the amount of islands it originally had
>>
File: ISIS bucket challenge.png (271KB, 558x558px) Image search: [Google]
ISIS bucket challenge.png
271KB, 558x558px
>>3301430
>After the city fell, the Imperial soldiers supposedly went out of control and started to massacre the inhabitants and set fire to the city. The invading soldiers had not received payment for their service and took the chance to loot everything in sight; they demanded valuables from every household that they encountered. Otto von Guericke, an inhabitant of Magdeburg, claimed that when civilians ran out of things to give the soldiers, "the misery really began. For then the soldiers began to beat, frighten, and threaten to shoot, skewer, hang, etc., the people."[7]
>It took only one day for all of this destruction and death to transpire. Of the 30,000 citizens, only 5,000 survived, most of them having fled into Magdeburg Cathedral. Tilly finally ordered an end to the looting on May 24, and a Catholic mass was celebrated at the Cathedral on the next day. For another fourteen days, charred bodies were carried to the Elbe River to be dumped to prevent disease.

Yeah, it really was the Syria of its time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.