[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start getting into history but have no foundational

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

I want to start getting into history but have no foundational knowledge. Are there are documentaries you would recommend? Particularly if I'm trying to get an overview to work off of.
>>
i started university while i was in your same situation.
just start somewhere, i started from middleages history, then i did modern history and now i'm facing roman history.
Just start somewhere by picking up a good history manual
>>
P.S. if you want an overview just go on yt and look for ''history of the world in 1 minute'' or stuff like that, funny or not they always work
>>
File: 1500120776713.jpg (63KB, 600x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1500120776713.jpg
63KB, 600x1300px
>>3295725
People get butt blasted about Howard Zinn, but he is a good overview for American History if you want easy to chew long read that isn't as trimmed as a college text book,

I would recommend David McCullough for American History also. His book 1776 is a profound window into the goings on at the start of the American Revolution (First American Civil war in a way boys and girls, if you read about the size of the loyalist militias and the confiscation of goods and property, seriously check it out).

As an American I have a pretty obvious bias for mine country's history. That aside, I could recommend other historians from around the world but I would rather leave that to my European, African, and Asian friends on the board.
>>
>>3296313
Honestly just think of history and politics and all that as a better window into understanding how the world has worked and may work in the future based on collected evidence. When done well it is an Art, Science, and Religion unto itself.

Are you sure you just want documentaries? I can do some research on good documentaries if you want, but to really enjoy History you gotta be a reader my brother.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.