[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I formally become a Gnostic? I've been interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: gnosticism-science2.png (782KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
gnosticism-science2.png
782KB, 650x488px
How do I formally become a Gnostic? I've been interested in Gnosticism for years but my dad says he's going to disown me if he doesn't see formal proof of me having joined a specific faith by the end of the year.
>>
>>3295390

YOU CANNOT BECOME A GNOSTIC, YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED THE FIRST TEST.

my dad says he's going to disown me if he doesn't see formal proof of me having joined a specific faith by the end of the year.

GOOD.
>>
>>3295428
>Cannot become a gnostic
I just mean with formal proof. Like a Christian baptism.
>>
File: S O F I A.png (1MB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
S O F I A.png
1MB, 525x525px
>>3295390

1. WHICH KIND OF GNOSTIC?

2. GNOSTIC DOCTRINES ARE NOT FORMAL, THUS, FORMAL ENTRY IS BOTH, SUPERFLUOUS TO A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE, AND IMPOSSIBLE.

3. YOUR FATHER IS AN IDIOT.

4. YOU ARE CONFRONTED WITH A CRISIS; YOU MUST CHOOSE BETWEEN (1) YIELDING TO YOUR FATHER'S WILL, AND (2) ASSERTING YOUR OWN WILL IN PRO OF YOUR OWN PURPOSE; THE FORMER CHOICE LEADS TO A LIFE OF MEDIOCRE COMFORT, AND PERSONAL FRUSTRATION; THE LATTER CHOICE LEADS TO A LIFE OF RADICAL STRUGGLE, AND PERSONAL FULFILLMENT.

YOUR CRISIS ACQUIRES MYTHIC DIMENSIONS WHEN ONE SUPERIMPOSES SYMBOLIC MEANING ON IT:

FATHER: DEMIOURGOS.

YOU: THE NOBLE HUMAN.

YOUR CRISIS: THE STRUGGLE BETWEEN TRANSCENDENCE OF THE KOSMOS, AND KOSMIC LIMITATION.

IN AN IGNOBLE WORLD, THE NOBLE ONES ARE INEVITABLY PERSECUTED —AN IGNOBLE WORLD WELCOMES AND PROPITIATES THE IGNOBLE, AND IS HOSTILE TO THE NOBLE.

>"Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.
>"For there will be five in a house: there will be three against two and two against three, father against
son and son against father, and they will stand alone."

— JESUS, "THE GOSPEL OF THOMAS", VERSE SIXTEEN.

>"Whoever does not hate father and mother cannot be my disciple, and whoever does not hate brothers and sisters, and carry the cross as I do, will not be worthy of me."

— JESUS, "THE GOSPEL OF THOMAS", VERSE FIFTYFIVE.
>>
>>3295444
Thank you very much. I will be thinking about this.
>>
>>3295390
Fundamental difference
>christians call themselves christians
>gnostics call themselves christians
>gnostics never called themselves gnostics

It's a contemporary term used to refer to the early formative years of the church, when various cults competed for followers and denounced each other,
Gnostics were some of the Christian cults which the (soon to be) dominant catholic strutcture tried to snuff out

No such thing as a formal/traditional gnostic induction, or rite, it's an academic label more than anything

Disown your father, or just join Christianity and study gnostic gospels on the side.
>>
>>3295495
What would people who worship Sophia be called, then? Also Christians?
>>
>>3295495
>>gnostics call themselves christians

GNOSTICISM, AND CHRISTIANITY, ARE NOT MUTUALLY EQUIVALENT; GNOSTICISM IS A THEOLOGICAL MODALITY, NOT A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE, AND CAN BE APPLICABLE TO ANY AUTHENTIC SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE, NOT JUST TO CHRISTIANITY —EXEMPLI GRATIA: ATENISM, BUDDHISM, MOHAMMEDANISM, TLOQUENAHUAQUEISM, ARE GNOSTIC SPIRITUAL DOCTRINES—; CHRISTIANITY IS A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE —NOT A RELIGION.
>>
>>3295508
>What would people who worship Sophia be called, then? Also Christians?

SOFIA IS PRESENT IN THE MYTHOLOGIES OF MULTIPLE DOCTRINES, NOT JUST IN THE CHRISTIAN ONE.

ANY GNOSTIC SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE NECESSARILY HAS A CONCEPT, NOTION, OR STORY, OF SOFIA.

NO SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE IS EXCLUSIVELY CENTERED ON SOFIA, OTHERWISE, IT WOULD NOT BE A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE, BUT AN IDOLATROUS CULT; SOFIA IS A CONDUIT TOWARD GOD.
>>
>>3295537
Sorry, this was intended to be past tense. What I mean by that is early gnostics (the authors of the so called "gnostic gospels") likely identified with the same theological phenomenon of the time centered around understanding jesus/God. Really they weren't any more the cool club of their time than any other competing 'Christian' cult, not to use Christian by our modern standard (the victorious and now formal tradition). By no means are modern 'Gnosticism' and Christianity the same, cause both have since radically evolved from their prior symbiotic relationship.

No need to yell fren
>>
>>3295390
do a bunch of psychedelic drugs
>>
Gnosticism is actually complete bullshit.
It was a purposefully created mound of nonsense used to be part of this process:
1. Born ignorant
2. Cultured in traditions
3. Observance of contradictions in traditions
4. Egotistical rebellion
5. Intellectual rebellion
6. Seeking other truths
7. Agnosticism
8. Gnosticism
9. Intellectual honesty
10. Enlightenment
11. Science and Formal Logic
12. Atheism

Watch the film "The Holy Mountain".
At the very, very end, you will get a surprise, but it won't make sense unless you watch the whole film.

BTW: The Bavarian Illuminati, disbanded in 1776, was actually an atheistic society set to infiltrate other secret societies and turn them Socratic (atheistic).
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 650x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 650x773px
>>3295428
>>3295444
They're multiplying.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.