[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What previous knowledge should I have to begin reading Julius

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Julius Evola.jpg (192KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
Julius Evola.jpg
192KB, 1024x896px
What previous knowledge should I have to begin reading Julius Evola? Any books that would better help me understand him first? and where should I start with his works? Also general Evola/Traditionalist thread.
>>
>>3293007
You could start here
>http://www.staff.uni-giessen.de/~gk1415/hinduism.htm
>>
>>3293007
If you going to read Ride the Tiger, you'd probably do well to at least read some Nietzsche and skim the Satre wikipedia.

For all other books you'd need basic mythology(eastern and european)
>>
>>3293007

Heraclitus
Plato
Aristotle
Aquinas
The classics of Tantra
Pāli Canon
Kant
Joseph de Maistre
Nietzsche
Georges Sorel
Heidegger
René Guénon
>>
>>
>>3293007
descartes stated the problem but did not provide the solution, as there is no solution. it is a contradiction. It can not be rationalized. It can only be overcome by the irrational. That is why all philosophy after descartes became increasingly degenerate, century by century until we are left with modern deconstructionist nihlism. The last constructive philosophial movement was medieval scholasticism. That is where you have to start, but you will never resolve the mind/body, object/subject contradiction. It cannot be solved rationally. It can only be managed. Men have tried since the beginning of time, it is called theology. You have to accept a non-material source as a given and then expand your philosophy from that
>>
read Schopenhauer, Heidegger and Adolf Hitler instead
>>
I'm wondering, was this anti-materialist man willing to renounce his wealth?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.