[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAAHAHA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170825145323.jpg (803KB, 1080x1711px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170825145323.jpg
803KB, 1080x1711px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
>>
wh*Toid BTFO
>>
how long before "babylonians wuz black n shiet we invented da maths" starts up?
>>
HOW WILL THE EDOMITES RECOVER??????
>>
File: 1501281117351.jpg (1MB, 2761x2447px) Image search: [Google]
1501281117351.jpg
1MB, 2761x2447px
>>3291657
mediterranean scum btfo
>>
>>3291680
Right after "Babylonians Wuz white n shiet" starts up
>>
>>3291657
Austin Powers has been a great archaeologist for the past decade, baybay.
>>
>>3291657
https://www.reddit.com/r/math/comments/6vu0ty/new_research_shows_the_babylonians_not_the_greeks/

Nope. I knew /his/ were brainlets.
>>
>>3292069
Once again showing that:
4chan = quantity
Reddit = quality
>>
>>3291715
Is this the anglo's true form?
>>
>>3292069
Lmfao
Reddit:
>AFAIK the Babylonians and the Egyptians only knew a little about trigonometry. The Greeks made it more rigorous, as you say, but they also developed it much further. Though I assume it's possible that one or more of these civilizations made significant mathematical discoveries that were lost.
I'd take this article with a huge handful of salt. The paper->press release->pop science article process seems to have introduced some exaggerations, I don't think either of the authors of the paper specialize in the history of maths, and one of them (Wildberger) is somewhat infamous. He espouses an unusual version of finitism (the rejection of any infinite mathematical objects) and says some pretty strange things in his attempts to justify and promote it.

>/his/
>wh*Toid BTFO

I don't even like reddit, but this is just embarressing.
>>
>>3292129
Wow, I made a mess of that.
>>
>>3292129
>this x guy did this before so argument discarded!
Hmm...
>>
>>3292069
nothing here pinpoints what is wrong with calling it trigonometry, they just say "wilderberg is a crankpot", I am sure he is, but why
>>
>>3292158
He believes numbers aren't infinite, and therefore everything to do with infinite numbers should just be discarded. It's a really strange idea to hold in mathematics.
>>
File: sweetie.png (169KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sweetie.png
169KB, 400x400px
>>3291657
No proof = not math.
t. Euclid.
>>
>>3291657
Not surprising really. Babylonians are genetically most similar to Mesopotamian Persians or Assyrians which if you track the lineage to today are basically white people whereas Greeks were always Sub-human Balkan tier. Not surprising at all
>>
>>3292284
WE WUZ
>>
>>3291720
>>3292284
Hmmmm
>>
>>3291657
Well, we know the Greeks got the basis for their mathematics from the Egyptians, so now we know who they learnt it from.
We can either acknowledge each civilisation's contribution to mathematics or just bitch and moan about how they rest of humanity stole everything from the first caveman to snap a stick in half and realise that now he has two sticks.
>>
>>3292129
/his/ really was a mistake.
>>
>>3294273
Should be renamed /LARP/
>>
>>3291657
I don't think it was ever controversial that the Babylonians were very mathmatically and astronomically advanced.
>>
>>3292284
HOL UP, HOL UP, HOL UP, SO U FINNA SAY DAT WE WUZ BABYLONIANS N SHIEET ?!
>>
>>3294285
that's /int/
but when you really think about it, this place really is just /int/ without ethno-lingual generals
>>
>>3291657
Greeks proved it. Babylonians just speculated and didn't show their work.

It's the equivalent of guessing that the earth revolves around without proving it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.