[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the Berbers, Persians, Turkic peoples and Bosniaks were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: arabmap.jpg (146KB, 760x443px) Image search: [Google]
arabmap.jpg
146KB, 760x443px
How come the Berbers, Persians, Turkic peoples and Bosniaks were so quick to convert and islamize, while others like the jews, Armenians, Assyrians, Arab christians, Greeks and Serbs largely kept their faith?
>>
There are many variables.

Compounded ethno-religious history.
Strong local religion leadership.
Weak islamic rule.
Foreign agent interference
Strong willed community leaders
Weak willed islamists
etc
>>
>>3289132
>>3289132
The later groups you listed like the Greeks were conquered by the Ottomans, who never really made any significant attempts to assimilate conquered peoples. As for Armenia And other Christians. Muslims didn't care as much so long as they paid their taxes, though they certainly faced discrimination. However, the discrimination they faced was less than that of say pagans or Zoroastrians so there was a lot less pressure to convert. And the people you listed as islamizing fast weren't even as fast as you think. Persia remained a majority Zoroastrian nation for hundreds of years, even in the face of heavy Islamization attempts. People were paid to go to mosques, killed, driven out, and so in an attempt to Islamize Persia. Some converted to stop the harassment and others fled. I even read somewhere (so take it with a grain of salt) that dogs were a holy Zoroastrian animal and Muslims made a game of abusing them to insult Zoroastrians. You see, Zoroastrians weren't "people of the book" like Jews or Christians so faced significantly less protections from Islamic law. (According to Islamic law, your supposed to make people of the book pay the jizya tax but that's it. You shouldn't harm them otherwise.) As for the Turkic and Berber peoples, I imagine they converted not as fast as you think but I don't know enough to say.
>>
>>3289132
>Bosniaks
>Serbs
In this context, those are the same people. Bosniaks did not exist prior to islamization, they're Serbs which converted.
>>
>>3289219
I know that but I just stated "Bosniaks" to make my point clear
>>
>>3289202
>I even read somewhere (so take it with a grain of salt) that dogs were a holy Zoroastrian animal and Muslims made a game of abusing them to insult Zoroastrians.

Dogs were and are pretty sacred for Zoroastrianism. There's rituals that need the presence of a dog. For rituals that require a human testimony, a sog testimony is a valid substitute. Killing a pregnant she-dog sents you straight to hell. Etc., etc. Dunno about the second part, it's not like muslims behave well with dogs today even without zoroastrian neighbours.
>>
>>3289132
because muslim greeks and armentians are currentli called turks and muslim armenians and assyrians are called arab
>>
>>3289301
there are muslim armenians here and they call themselves "armenian" aka hemshin.
you underage retards should just stop talking about shit that you don't know. you just make me want to turn myself into a truck and run over you.
>>
>>3290756
Muslim transformers all turn into trucks.
>>
>>3289233
But that doesn't make any sense. You just asked why were some Serbs quick to convert while some Serbs didn't. Btw, answer is: to escape oppression.
>>
>>3290934
>Btw, answer is: to escape oppression.

(Not true, by the way)
>>
>>3290942
I like how you expanded further, showing where my statement was wrong while yours is right.
>>
>>3289132
Armenia was the first Christian country, even before Rome, because of their location they had to fight to defend their Christianity from the 4th century even before islam was invented.
You know, if you become Christian and in barely a century you go to war against your closest ally for like two thousand years because they want you to convert, you were never going to convert.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.