[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain each part of Holy Roman Empire by their specialties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Can anyone explain each part of Holy Roman Empire by their specialties or what they are known for the most?

For example, Prussia is known for their military.
>>
>>3288839
bump
>>
Niggers
>>
>>3288839
Do you mean stereotypes? the HRE wasn't a video game with "specialities" for each civ.
>>
>
>
>
>>
>>3288839
knights of the teutonic order? landsknecht? zweihander? special relationship with the pope?
>>
Mostly incompetence as the nobles were more concerned with hunting and lluxuries than with actual governance
>>
>>3289105
I've heard that that many members of the Teutonic Order came from Westphalia. But I have no source at hand to prove that.
Landsknechte were mainly recruited from Swabia and the Rhineland. And the two handed sword was also used mainly by them I think. The Staufer dynasty was very famous for being often in conflict the pope and the northern italian cities.
>>
>>3289085
>the state of /his/
>>
It's not holy. It's not roman. Its not an empire
Whats up with that?
>>
>Byzboos and frogs shit up yet another thread due to their inferiority complex
>>
>>3288839
>Can anyone explain each part of Holy Roman Empire by their specialties or what they are known for the most?
You've been playing too many video games desu
>>
>>3289060
>>3289269
This.

The supposed specialization of Prussia on their military also didn't happen until the rule of Frederick William I in 1713, so for 90% of the Empires' existence your stereotype doesn't apply.
>>
Kind of a related question, when did the different regions of Germany begin to develop their distinct cultures that are apparent today? From the reading that I've done, I've gotten the impression that much of what is considered traditional German culture often only dates back to the 1800s, and I'm guessing this is the case for the much of the rest of Europe as well. In, say, the High and Late Middle Ages, how culturally developed was the typical "region" in Western/Central Europe?
>>
>>3289060
I just want a tldr of how each of them are different

Culture for example
>>
>>3289326
Well, the problem is, that the HRE existed for 900 years.If we focus on the later period, most of the cultural differences would be based on religion and regional resources as well as the cultural difference between cities and rural areas.
Another thing would be language. High German (south) went through multiple constant/vowel shifts, while Low German (north) didn't, and sounds more like Dutch/English.

the cultural differences are determined by multiple factors, that are vague and independant of political borders, and anyway aren't all that significant

maybe cont.
>>
File: fasnet böblingen.jpg (469KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fasnet böblingen.jpg
469KB, 800x600px
>>3289473
A few examples:
Some cultural differences, would come from the influence of neighbouring countries, the Rhineland and parts of Southern Germany have certain French influences (or were occupied by France prior to 1806), cuisine is somewhat lighter and more refined, compared to North-east Germany, wine is more popular, since it's warm enough to grow there.

Saxony (and related regions) was probably seen as one of the more progressive regions, the Reformation and the Weimar culture were born there, and later porcelain manufacture made the region rich and fertile for progressive ideas. On the other hand, Swabia was fairly conservative and puritanical (Goethe even comments on this).

Another example would be how the start of the Lent period is celebrated (although this may have more modern reasons, not sure). In Southern parts of Germany carnival is called Fastnacht/Fasnet/Fasching and people wear wodden masks (pic related) and parade around the villages, presumably to flush out evil spirits, while further north, it's more political and satirical.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.