[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why and when did Switzerland decide to be neutral in nearly every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: worldwarunondos.jpg (131KB, 1200x1297px) Image search: [Google]
worldwarunondos.jpg
131KB, 1200x1297px
Why and when did Switzerland decide to be neutral in nearly every damn conflict through history?

Also sauce on the video, I'll be EVER so grateful
>>
File: 1515.png (186KB, 324x885px) Image search: [Google]
1515.png
186KB, 324x885px
>>3286942
Battle of Marignano in 1515
>>
>>3286942
They got btfo for the rest of time by France
The same happened to Spain in (Rocquencourt? Not sure?) but even harder
>>
>>3286984
>The same happened to Spain in (Rocquencourt? Not sure?) but even harder

Rocroi
It ended Spanish dominance in Europe, but they were still strong on a global scale
It's only after the Napoleonic invasion that Spain became a weak shithole
>>
>>3286971
What the fuck, that's an odd thing to swear for losing a battle where you are a couple thousands of heads short.
>>
>>3286942
and switzerland is made of germans and french, mostly, isn't it?
>>
>>3287004
Not the same troop quality. When you loose 2 K men that are not trained, it's not like loosing 10 K mercenaries that took 10 years to form.
>>
>>3286993
Nope, it was before. You can see the 50 years old fleet the Spanish had in Trafalgar for instance, as a token of their weakness. The empire was in decline, and the excuse for it is how they managed it. Even with all the south american gold, Spain never managed to settle anything. Which is really fucking annoying desu.
>>
>>3287034
The spanish fleet in Trafalgar was not outdated or incompetent at all. If it had a single sin that was being smaller and weaker than the british fleet like fucking everyone else. If anything, Trafalgar sinked every chance of Spain having a reemergence, since the fleet being destroyed meant they could not properly intervene in the Americas even after the Napoleonic wars.

The french lost Trafalgar because the french are consistently shit at naval warfare.
>>
>>3286993
Rocroi, thanks, couldnt remember
Yeah, ofc they didnt collapse on the spot, but they Never really threatened a major power the way they used to, and consistently got weaker, to what they are now.
>>
>>3286942
source? I think I've seen it before
>>
>>3287004
Not really when you're a shithole in the alps that will never (realistically), be able to gather much more heads.
>>
>>3286942
https://www.xvideos.com/video23535630/nerdy_gamer_hotties_vannessa_phoenix_and_lexxxus_adams_enjoy_huge_cock
>>
>>3287058
That's mostly because losing Rocroi meant losing the 30 years war and because the french were diplomatically smart enough to manage a peace that didn't stop the spanish-french hostilities. Yes, indeed, the 30 years war lasted for more bitter years in the spanish-french border.
>>
>>3287061
>>3287066
Bless
>>
>>3287051
Are You kidding? The spanish navy was slow and old as shit.
And the french Never were really shit at marine warfare, they Just constantly faced the English, and Never could afford to have a stronger navy due to the fact That they need one both in the atlantic and in the mediterranean, as well as having to fight in Europe.
>>
>>3287079
Great way to use capitals letter buddy
>>
>>3287082
It's my phones shitty autocorrect.
>>
>>3287066
You're a hero of France
>>
>>3286942
When they realized it's a lot easier to sell of your men to rich shits as mercenaries and never actually fight
>>
>>3287066
Swiss is not that neutral in this conflict.
>>
>>3287004
Just like Swedes lost one battle and swore eternal irrelevance.
>>
>>3287122
unexpected kek
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.