[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Murat not at Waterloo? Did he betray Napoleon? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Why was Murat not at Waterloo? Did he betray Napoleon? How about Davout?
>>
Because they knew Ney knows his shit
>>
>>3286270

But Ney performed horribly. Jerome failed to take Hougoumont. Bourmont changed sides. Soult did shit staff work. Grouchy was downright traitorous for not following the sound of the Grand Battery guns.

It seems if Napoleon had half-competent generals at his disposal, let alone Davout and Murat, he may have won.
>>
File: 100.png (156KB, 322x1041px) Image search: [Google]
100.png
156KB, 322x1041px
>>3286244
>Did he betray Napoleon?

No, he supported him (pic related), but Napoleon didnt trust him to fight with him
>>
>>3286244
Murat has replaced by Ney. Probably because Napoleon was upset that Murat went back to Naples and didn't come back in time.
Napoleon was known to be upset when people didn't do things the way he wanted.
And with Ney's performance at Waterloo, I think he had PTSD, and chose to side with Napoleon in hopes of dying quickly compared to being some desk worker. Especially, when at his trial, he disagreed with his Defense Attorney's plan and just accepted that he wanted to die.
>>
>>3286244
He was instrumental to Napoleon, but betrayed Napoleon after the Battle of Leipzig by abandoning him. In return Austria was going to let him keep his throne.

When Napoleon came back from exile Murat tried to help Napoleon but had lost his trust and was refused.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.