[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I find some info on armour used in the Byzantine empire.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Where can I find some info on armour used in the Byzantine empire.

Basically covering the entire span of its history.
>>
>Basically covering the entire span of its history.
That's 1000 years anon, you're not getting all that information in one book
>>
>>3282993
>>3282993
>Basically covering the entire span of its history.
You're going to have to narrow it down. Byzantium lasted longer than the Roman Empire, the early Byzantine army (basically the same as the late Roman army) is almost totally unrecognizable as the highly mobile themata, and kept evolving all the way up to 1453.
Maybe check out the wiki page for a quick rundown and work your way out from there?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_army
>>
>>3283002
I'd love to learn a bit more about their usage of lamellar armour.
>>
>>3283002
>>3283040
>>3283056
Did they use lamellar after the 11th century?
>>
>>3282993
You can start with the Osprey Men at Arms series on Byzantium #247 Romano-Byzantine Armies 4th-9th Centuries and #287 Byzantine Armies 1118-1461. Both have "Further Reading" sections chock full o'stuff.
>>
>>3282993
Read Osprey books. Informative and they have great visuals. You can downlaod them as PDFs or buy them on Amazon. I own a shitload of them.
>>
>>3283603
Thanks
>>
>>3283609
did they rape that little boy
if so I want to be that little boy
>>
>>3283730
He's probably a squire (or whatever they called them in the East).
>>
>>3283609
Man those are expensive. Anywhere to buy some in bulk?
>>
Osprey has awesome illustrations as the anon above said, and goes into detail about armor and weapons and organization.
>>
>>3284974
they called them Shota
>>
>>3285332
Was that guy on the ground okay?
>>
>>3286161
hes just resting
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.