[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really don't understand. Why would Vichy France so quickly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6633.png (38KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6633.png
38KB, 1280x853px
I really don't understand. Why would Vichy France so quickly turn on its allies, and its own Free French soldiers? They had nothing to lose if they surrendered to them willingly.
>>
>>3280059
what do you mean they turned on "free french forces"? the resistance?
the resistance was against Vichy and the German military so I don't see how Vichy "turned" on them. or did you mean why did the third republic surrender so soon and why France hated anglos specifically during ww2?
>>
>>3280059
>They had nothing to lose if they surrendered to them willingly.

Which is why they didnt oppose the liberation of France by allies in 1944
>>
>>3280059
>go full quisling
>then bitch when brits start treating you like the traitor you're and try to make sure that you won't give your fleet to krauts
>>
>>3281131
Because they were annexed by Germany.
>>
>>3281159
It wasn't "full Quisling." Petain told his soldiers to not give up the colonies to any foreigners (Axis or Allied) and tried to protect French sovereignty. Also Milices crimes are overblown.
>>
File: thinkhard.png (429KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
thinkhard.png
429KB, 451x619px
>>3281219
>it is justified because after we declared war on our allies they attacked us
>>
>>3281237
Vichy France didn't declare war on their allies, IIRC. Could be wrong.
>>
>>3281237
Vichy never declared war on anyone. They protected themselves from both sides.
>>
>>3281212
Full occupation and annexation aren't the same thing.
>>
>>3281122
Free France were the forces that left and went to england, and the French Colonies that Germany didn't take. It was not the resistance.
>>
>>3280059
The war wasn't even popular in france. Nobody wanted it or gave a shit about danzig.

The government willingly gave itself over to an authoritarian state, which was LITERALLY the purpose of the third republic whne it was created.

They were quick to turn on the british because the british rejected to talk to Mussolini and Hitler and gave the Poles a blank check.

They also got their navy sunk by their 'allies' pretty damn quick.

>>3281212
They were not annexed at all. They were occupied in the militarily strategic areas on the cost shared with Britian as per the ARMISTACe and not the coming PEACE TREATY.
>>
>>3280059

>Turned against your allies

France only had one, the Brits, that did absolutely nothing for them during the German invasion of France, other than asking for the French army to protect their retrat and evacuation in Dunkirk.

>Get panzer'd, sign armistice, first your great "allies" do is bombard your fleets in African ports. Twice.
>>
>>3283113
>the british rejected to talk to Mussolini and Hitler and gave the Poles a blank check.
Not true

>They also got their navy sunk by their 'allies' pretty damn quick.
No, they didn't.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.