[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was Theodore Roosevelt a good president? his personal life lionized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

was Theodore Roosevelt a good president? his personal life lionized him but it very little is actually known about his presidency.
>>
>>3279996
Created the National Parks and had the Gunboat diplomacy.

I'd say he was one of the best

Also muh canals
>>
File: hid.png (679KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
hid.png
679KB, 500x720px
I'd say so. He attacked trusts and fought for workers while navigating the country through labor strikes. He was great for the American worker during a time of business largess and a regulator who worked to keep pace with booming business.
His regulations also targeted food safety. The Jungle came out during his presidency, and he stepped up to do something about its subject matter.
As the above anon said, he loved federalizing America's natural treasures for protection. TR is first or second compared to Nixon's work on the EPA. Some of his western daming/hydro-electric work, looking back, has come under scrutiny for ecological damage to waters and the life therein, but I don't think people were aware of what those projects would do at the time.
He jockeyed congress rather well and was able to strengthen the executive using his charisma and negotiating skills.
The man loved the Navy and literally wrote the book on the naval aspects of the war of 1812. During his time in office, he probably made the U.S. the greatest naval force on earth.
Helped create the NCAA after lax safety in football (American) ended up with rich (read: influential) parents being angry their rich kids (read: parents actually have the power to really do things for them) were dying while playing college sports.

What else...
>>3280000
Ah, gunboat diplomacy^
He helped coax Americans out of their instinct for non-interventionism.
On minorities, product of his time as he was, he framed the debate in the language of a white man's burden—believing in shifting white america's attitudes toward recognition and acceptance of equality in the name of human progress while cautioning that bigotry and maintaining divisions would lower not only minorities, but whites too. He didn't forward any legislation toward civil rights, but did invite Booker T. Washington to the white house.

Ultimately, he was non-regressive progressive imo.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.