[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really thanks to Muslim scholars that Europe experienced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: AverroesColor.jpg (76KB, 352x276px) Image search: [Google]
AverroesColor.jpg
76KB, 352x276px
Is it really thanks to Muslim scholars that Europe experienced an intellectual and artistic renaissance?
>>
>>3276402
Yes
>>
Partially, yes. Byzantine scholars had a greater impact.
>>
>>3276402
Not really. However, Muslim Spain did introduce new methods and works of aristotle.
But it was the Byzantine and the Catholic Church that have preserved most of the lliterature after the fall of Rome.
Or you could say that the Ottoman conquest of Byzantium made scholars flee to Italy wish would introduce new works that were never known before since the schism. Then yes, you can thank the Muslim T*urk.
>>
>>3276402
Yes, it was thanks to them and Christian monks.
>>
>>3276402
No.
Almost all ""muslim"" scholars were dhimmi or converts in name only. Once the region got sufficiently islamized, it did not produce anything intellectual.
>>
>>3276402
That's ludicrous. Practically all scholastic works were robbed from others to begin with. Islam only has destruction to offer.
>>
Find a traditional line from Arab alchemy to Western function theory and you get a yes.
>>
>>3276633
Bullshit. Europeans learned Arabic to translate Aristotle. They didn't learn Greek.
>>
>>3276402
>silk road
>islamic golden age
>refugees from constantinopel

I would say yes
>>
No. The Arab renennise is a myth, it was all Byzantine.
>>
>>3276402
yes ABSOLUTELY definitely YEP john green said so.... but more importantly it would be very controversial and trigger nazis :DDD
>>
>/pol/turds trying to change history to justify their hate for modern muslims
Literally fuck off
>>
>>3276999
>Almost all ""muslim"" scholars were dhimmi or converts in name only

Name one
>>
>>3277006
>Islam only has destruction to offer

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>3277088
Not an argument
>>
>>3277088
you sure showed those stupid mudslims and lefties with your quirky and sarcastic post, my fellow kekistani :)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.