[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a funnier story than that of Constantine V's other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 12276-obv.jpg (1MB, 962x916px) Image search: [Google]
12276-obv.jpg
1MB, 962x916px
Is there a funnier story than that of Constantine V's other sons?
>oldest brother ascends to the throne in 775
>attempt to take the throne in 776, fail miserably and lose your title
>Brother dies in 780, and you try to take the regency for his young son
>fail again, this time become tonsured and have to give communion at Christmas Mass in 780
>in 792 the young emperor loses a major battle to the Bulgars, and in response the army proclaims you emperor again
>get blinded and sent to obscure monasteries as a result
>following a coup in 797, a group of citizens of Constantinople see if you want to become emperor again
>two years later some random magistrate proclaims you emperor a fifth time, he gets executed and you get sent to another obscure monastery
>finally, in 812, following another disastrous imperial defeat the army tries to elevate you to the purple one more time
>>
File: 1491419805621.png (2MB, 1489x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1491419805621.png
2MB, 1489x1068px
What is it with Romans and usurpations?

>be taking a dump
>minding my own business
>spent the past 6 months trying to avoid the other officers so that I don't get roped into something
>turns out that they've all been pissing each other off and now loathe each other
>their fractious rivalries have spilled over so now the troops hate them all
>pull my cloak back down
>walk out the tent to head back to the headquarters building
>mob of soldiers charges out of nowhere towards me
>they pick me up and throw me up onto their shields
>they are cheering
>what the fuck is going on
>one of the soldiers forces me to put a purple cloak on
>its been hastily assembled out of bits of expensive curtain
>oh god no please
>I keep trying to tell them to put me down and that I don't want this
>they believe this is just classic ritual
>one of them forces a crown on my head
>the men continue cheering and screaming "emperor! emperor! hail to the emperor!"
>forced to hide in my tent
>a letter arrives from Rome demanding that I come back and explain what's going on
>oh fug
>if I go home i'll be executed
>I guess the only thing for me to do is go along with this charade
>if i'm emperor, at least i'll live
>march on Rome
>fail
>get my cock sliced off with a hot knife, my eyes gouged out and then forced to spend the rest of my life praying

Fuck's sake.
>>
>>3276959
Greeks aren't roman.
>>
File: 1492509866310.gif (730KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
1492509866310.gif
730KB, 245x206px
>>3276966
>>
>>3276966
this, greeks are turks
>>
>>3276317
>funnier
I find it pretty sad. Is this the same guy who was blinded by her mother/sister while crying for mercy and had the bad luck to have it recorded in a text that arrived to us? I remember reading such a text, I can't remember the emperor but I know I will never laugh at emperors being punished for crimes they didn't choose to make.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.