[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure where to post this. Any grad students out there? >Accidentally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1503365115510.jpg (12KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
1503365115510.jpg
12KB, 239x211px
Not sure where to post this. Any grad students out there?

>Accidentally deleted half of my master's thesis

>Methodological analysis. Gone.
>Bulk of primary source citations. GONE.
>Evidence linking the latter part of the paper to the beginning. Gone.

Like an idiot I didn't back it up to the cloud. Fuck my life bros
>>
really?
>>
>no backups on hard drives
Are you literally retarded?
>>
Does winblows still do system restore

Why don't you give that a shot anon
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 154x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 154x183px
>>3275884

I might be.

>>3275887

I spilled a beer on my laptop at the coffee shop. Literally as I was adding the final footnotes.

I've got the hard drive out of the computer and have a call in to some IT guys to see if I can salvage the file. Thankfully I have a draft of the earlier paper but I have about 20 pages to make up now if I can't get the file
>>
>>3275880
Well you can't change what happened so no point getting angry about it. Just focus on rectifying the problem.
>>
File: 1473964624983.jpg (72KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1473964624983.jpg
72KB, 456x386px
As a STEM grad I went maximum autism and used google docs almost exclusively whilst saving physical copies on my laptop and desktop. Should have worked harder for that masters.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>3275913

My tism failed me. Maybe I'm autistic enough to remember the specific citations though
>>
>>3275880
I'm deeply sorry about this.
I wish for you to be able to have a deep and relaxing sleep. Don't let the stress devour you
>>
>>3275931

Thanks anon. I think I'm gonna get to work trying to remember some of the citations. Sleeping sounds like a waste of time right now
>>
File: You-can-do-it---I-know-you-can.jpg (157KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
You-can-do-it---I-know-you-can.jpg
157KB, 600x398px
Well OP think of it this way rewriting 20 pages you presumably somewhat remember is far easier than writing 20 pages from scratch.

You can do it anon!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.