[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that the people from the Horn of Africa have this unique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Somali.jpg (499KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Somali.jpg
499KB, 1024x768px
Why is it that the people from the Horn of Africa have this unique blend of caucasoid and negroid traits? Do they share recent ancestors with Europeans?
>>
>>3274317
>Do they share recent ancestors with Europeans?
More like with Jews, Arabs and other Middle Eastern Semites.
>>
>why do these people who live next to both black people and white people look like a mix between black people and white people
Jesus Christ what a mystery.
>>
>>3274355
But they look nothing like Brazilians.
>>
>>3274409
I'd imagine they have more Arab in them than Black.
>>
>>3274317

>People in Europe must be very diverse cause how could a Greek and a Norwegian be similar? That´s ridiculous
>People in Africa looks disimilar? Must be europeid admixture!
>>
>>3274317
Africa is diverse as fuck.
Besides, i think they have some haplomeme that's also in Europe, so maybe.

Also arabs and shit.
>>
>>3274317
They look like the low castes of India
>>
>>3274430
Africa is the most genetically diverse continent in the world if my memory don't fail more diverse than the rest of the world combined.
>inb4 jokes about diversity
>>
>>3274424
Because DNA confirms it?
>>
>>3274439
In what way?
First, the high population of Asia speeds up mutation and the growth of the genetic pool.
Second, certain ethnic groups of Eurasia have been isolated far longer than what can be reasonably expected in Africa. I'll believe it when I see that Finns and Australians are closer together than some groups in Africa.
>>
Ethiopia and Somalia and such are just a short boat-ride from the Arabian peninsula.
>>
>>3274317
>caucasoid
>negroid

THOSE TERMS DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING.
>>
>>3274534
>First, the high population of Asia speeds up mutation and the growth of the genetic pool.
>Second, certain ethnic groups of Eurasia have been isolated far longer than what can be reasonably expected in Africa. I'll believe it when I see that Finns and Australians are closer together than some groups in Africa.
both are each a rather recent phenomena compared to the history of H.sapiens. OoA began ~100k years ago but H.sapiens have been around for 100k before that.

Africa has Kapiods, Bantus, Nilotics, East-Africans, Eithopians. These groups are more genetically diverse compared to what's in Europe. Out of Africa was a genetic bottle-neck. It's evident when you run ADMIXTURE (a clustering algorithm that infers ancestry composition) on a diverse panel with 2 clusters; the clusters that form are Africa and Not Africa.

Out of Africa has happened multiple times, Abos are from one of the first waves and isolated themselves over 20,000 years ago. Admixture with Neanderthal or Denisovan does not really stratify groups outside of Africa, with the Abos being the exception with 5% or greater Denisovan ancestry.

The high population of Asia is increasing genetic diversity and will rival Africa in the near future. The growth is exponential now. However, this has happened within the last 100 years; ancestry tests from 23andMe and academia cannot infer ancestry that recent.

I study genetics and my thesis has some work on new mutations, but in a disease sense.
>>
East Africans have more svelte figures than West Africans.
We're most familiar with the Western Africans who have the fat lips, protruding muzzles, and wide noses.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.