[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are peninsulas supposedly easy to defend? You'd figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: italian-peninsula.jpg (30KB, 728x425px) Image search: [Google]
italian-peninsula.jpg
30KB, 728x425px
Why are peninsulas supposedly easy to defend? You'd figure they'd be east to attack.
>>
Chokepoints my dear man
>>
>>3271821
Peninsulas aren't bad but islands are better. Just look at Britain or Japan for example.
>>
>>3271828
Japan had divine protection, and Britian was succefully invaded multiple times in history.
>>
>>3271840
Britain has still been invaded less then non-island nations like Italy though.
>>
>>3271840

Britain got to play both world wars on easy mode for the simple reason that they knew they couldn't be invaded.
>>
>>3271855
Italy and Britain have existed as collective political entities for less than 200 years, and just off the top of my head Italy was invaded during the first and second world war, whilst the British mainland has been relatively safe from land invasion.
>>
>>3271870
I remember vert specific evidence that Britain feared invasion from Germany in ww2 and thus pulled out all troops from France. Tactical withdraw is not really a sign of something being easy.

In fact there was a movie just made about how hard Britain had it during ww2.
>>
>>3271855
Fair point made.

Maybe it was less realitive though? Italy was a strong holding point for the entire med, even it's island nations like Sardinia and Sicily were very important to controlling the Mediterranean.

Where Britain certainly had it's fair share of importance in it's later years, I'm failing to see why one would want to invade Britain unless it was a claim to the throne. Even the Romans realized Britain was a cucked island and ditched it.
>>
>>3271877
>Britain have existed as collective political entities for less than 200 years
Nigga what. 1707 is 310 years ago
>>
>>3271924
Not him, but Maybe he meant the current borders??

Still an autistic post none the less.
>>
>>3271932
This is /his
>>
>>3271821
>Why are peninsulas supposedly easy to defend?

Who told you they are?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.