[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No one can compete with Monet and Picasso. They are completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_2933.jpg (1MB, 2145x1830px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2933.jpg
1MB, 2145x1830px
No one can compete with Monet and Picasso.
They are completely in a league of their own.
>>
How does one get into visual art?
>>
File: Les_Demoiselles_d'Avignon.jpg (193KB, 1024x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Les_Demoiselles_d'Avignon.jpg
193KB, 1024x1061px
>>3271331
how many layers of mental hoops do have to headstand on, to unironically appreciate the aesthetic value of this shit?
>>
>>3271331
Picasso is shit but Monet is god tier taste Desu
>>
File: Apollo_&_Daphne_September_2a.jpg (4MB, 4482x6557px) Image search: [Google]
Apollo_&_Daphne_September_2a.jpg
4MB, 4482x6557px
>picasso
>monet

That's not how you spell Bernini
>>
File: IMG_2935.jpg (464KB, 755x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2935.jpg
464KB, 755x1088px
>>3271347
Ok I'm hugely into visual arts, so I'll try my best to help.

One of the biggest things is going to a museum.
If you live within an hour long journey to a city or a decent museum, it's definitely worth going.
Going to a museum is often a social event, but I almost always get more out of the art when I go alone.
All you have to do is look at a painting and spend time with it for at least 30 seconds. Get intimate with it and take note of what you notice.
Museums really are much better than looking at art in books or online. It's like seeing a band live vs. hearing a recording of them live.

If you don't live near a museum, I recommend going on wikiart.org
Find an artist who appeals to you, and wikiart gives you people who influenced them and people who they influenced. Follow along that until you find a few artists and maybe even an artistic movement that appeals to you.

I also find that watching documentaries on art or artists and watching interviews helps a lot with understanding the context.

Some artists to check out that I personally love are:

Basquiat
Picasso
Matisse
Monet
Munch
Twombly
Rauschenberg
Van Gogh
Pollock
Warhol
Bacon
Freud
Michelangelo
Rubens
Titian
Caravaggio
Goya
Sargent
Velasquez
El Greco
Kandinsky
Duchamp
De Kooning

This is a big list, and some of them probably won't appeal to you, but I hope at least a few of them do!

Keep in mind that enjoying art is not about appearing smart or anything like that.
When you really connect with a painting, it's a religious experience.

>>3271389
I think it helps seeing it in person. I saw it in the MOMA a few weeks back and it is amazing. It's pretty big, and there is a lot going on it.
It's the painting violently thrust modernism modernism into being. It put he focus on the way that it was painted rather than the subject. It separated "art" from "beauty".

But it's not JUST important. It is complex and cryptic and powerful and staggering to behold.
>>
File: Kurskaya_korennaya.jpg (433KB, 2053x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Kurskaya_korennaya.jpg
433KB, 2053x1300px
>No 19th century Russian realism

shit thread
>>
>>3271414
This really is beautiful. Without even knowing the artist I have a huge respect for them.
>>
I know nothing about art but I saw some John Atkinson Grimshaw paintings here and found them really comfy.
>>
>>3271414
v aesthetic senpai. pls post more
>>
>>3271331
Monet's great but a one trick pony. Picasso is the real deal. A great artist evolves and goes through stages just like great people do. My favorite Picasso phase was The Blue Period
>>
>>3271408
You're far too good for this cesspit of a website. Leave now.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3271389
I kind of like it. Looks sexy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.