[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Jesus go through all that trouble only to end up saving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: f5f.jpg (52KB, 736x791px) Image search: [Google]
f5f.jpg
52KB, 736x791px
Why did Jesus go through all that trouble only to end up saving some of humanity instead of all of it? Pretty disappointing if that's the real messiah to be honest. Partial successes are fine for normal men, but this was supposed to be the perfect apex God-man.
>>
Dude metaphor lmao!
>>
>>3271143
He only presented the path to salvation, it is up to individual humans to follow that path to be saved so it's no wonder that only those who endure till the end in a state of sanctity will be saved.
>>
>>3271143
That makes the gnostic view more credible and the orthodox less.
>>
>>3271171
>He only presented the path to salvation
That's what I'm saying. If you had a fictional story where at the climax the hero "presents the path to the plot's resolution" but doesn't actually resolve it, it would be pretty disappointing. Walk on water, bring back the dead, no problem, but actually redeeming humanity in its entirety instead of just partially is somehow asking for too much.
>>
>>3271181
Well redemption isn't something that can just be given. Would you mind if I write a lot of words right now
>>
>>3271181
Fuck it. See, "saving humanity" isn't that simple. Saving someone from physical problems is easy. If you get stuck in a hole, someone can pull you out. You don't have to even try. You can allow them to put you in a better place. Even if you fight them you can still be forcefully removed from your pit of death. Spiritually it works differently. If God just came along and said "I will make these bad people not bad people now and all the people will love me right now because I am their savior" it wouldnt count
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord2.png (581KB, 539x850px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord2.png
581KB, 539x850px
>>3271143
>>3271181

>Why did Jesus go through all that trouble only to end up saving some of humanity instead of all of it?

Humans have free will to defy the gods at their own peril. The Jews and other Moses followers betrayed all gods and they will go to hell for it and/or have their souls destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUt3bUV9JY

>>3271181
> actually redeeming humanity in its entirety instead of just partially is somehow asking for too much.

Humanity has to choose - God doesn't give out freebees - God isn't a genie in a bottle miraculously raising the dead and healing the sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdI0QzcWfio
>>
>>3271181
Because the point of spiritual salvation is to have a relationship with God and join him in heaven. The point is for you to love Him. He can't make you do that. If he did that wouldnt really be love would it? Jesus said "here is how you can love me and my father. This is the way out of the hole." And some people will say "sure yeah I love you" and follow. Others will say "nah idk I'm fine right here" and to them Jesus says "Ok. But the door's open"
>>
>>3271143
>saving some of humanity instead of all of it?
>Jesus took away the sins of the world
He hasn't found Christ yet.

Jesus did save all of humanity anon.
>>
>>3271937
But those who don't follow Him...
>>
>>3271954
Well... if they choose not to follow. That's on them. Everyone can't be saved. It just easier for some people to live their life like most people do now a days, being shitty people.
>>
File: FlammarionWoodcut.jpg (227KB, 663x599px) Image search: [Google]
FlammarionWoodcut.jpg
227KB, 663x599px
>>3271925
>Jesus you didn`t tell me where the door is
>It might be down here
>whoops fell into hell
>>
>>3272370
>Having so much pride that you won't let yourself see the door
>>
File: TheImperialCult3.png (1MB, 1033x798px) Image search: [Google]
TheImperialCult3.png
1MB, 1033x798px
>>3271143

>Why did Jesus go through all that trouble only to end up saving some of humanity instead of all of it?

Jesus was in it for himself:

his choice was either be crucified as God or to burn in hell forever as a worshiper of Moses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUt3bUV9JY

>>3272222
>Well... if they choose not to follow. That's on them.

Nice digits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdI0QzcWfio
>>
>>3272222
But faith isn't about being shitty or not, some very good people lack faith in Jesus.
>>
>>3271143
He was a deceitful Jew. What else is there to know?
>>
>>3271143
Doesn't exists lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.