[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Europe have been a better place if France couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: 1488551133251.jpg (1MB, 1032x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1488551133251.jpg
1MB, 1032x1077px
Would Europe have been a better place if France couldn't form a nation-state?
>>
Why would you want a German Europe? Fuck off.
>>
No. France, England, and Germany were the three best things to happen to Europe. Stops one from getting too powerful and dominating Europe.
>>
>>3264349
Upper and Lower Burgundy make no sense on this map. "Upper Burgundy" is actually Duchy of Burgundy, and "Lower Burgundy" is actually Upper Burgundy.
>>
>>3264349
It would reforum in less than a day

But Germany did indeed destroy Europe

Under French leadership Europe was the World Power and every non-whites bowed their head to their European overlords

Under G*rman leadership Europe is just the cumdumpsters of the shitskins and a big joke as well
>>
File: HRE Stauffer Dynasty.jpg (4MB, 3687x4799px) Image search: [Google]
HRE Stauffer Dynasty.jpg
4MB, 3687x4799px
>>3264421
calm down Pierre, Europe had periods of German dominance / hegemony without this shit
>Europe is just the cumdumpsters of the shitskins and a big joke as well
>>
>>3264482
>>
File: Europe 1914.png (143KB, 1773x1797px) Image search: [Google]
Europe 1914.png
143KB, 1773x1797px
>>3264484
>>
File: Europe 1941-1942.png (407KB, 1200x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Europe 1941-1942.png
407KB, 1200x1128px
>>3264485
not endorsing the Nazis ofc
>>
>>3264482
Eastern, Central Europe, and Italy were under German dominance,you only dominated Western Europe(minus France & England) duing the Hasburgs

>>3264484
Under English and Russian dominance for a few years but became under French dominance again

>>3264485
Under French dominance

>>3264487
Led to the vilification of Nationalism and Eugenism
>>
>>3264504
>Europe after 1815 was under French dominance

>Europe before WW1 was under French dominance

I mean France was a powerful country for most of its existence but come on...

Are you the guy from Orleans btw?
>>
>>3264510
It was

>Europe before WW1 was under French dominance
Before and After WW1*

>everyone French who disgree with me is this one guy
No
>>
>>3264504
>vilification of Nationalism and Eugenism
>implying that this is a bad thing
i have nothing in my life so i have to claim pride in my """"""nation""""""" and """"""""race""""""""
>>
>>3264537
fuck off hans
>>
>>3264533
It wasn't, France was unable to realise its claims on Wallonia and during the Rhine crisis in 1840/41.
>>
>>3264579
>France was unable to realise its claims on Wallonia

What are you on ?

We defeated the Dutch Army and could have annexed Artois-Picardie if we wanted to do so
>>
>>3264537
>i have nothing in my life so i have to claim pride in my """"""nation""""""" and """"""""race""""""""

This is what brainwashed redditors relay from their paid shill overlords

Not a nationalist but this is basic bitch liberal rehearsing
>>
>>3264587
Non-Liberal here
Nation and race are retarde concepts designed to put nazicucks into submission under their manlet leaders
>>
>>3264585
>WE turned the tides in a civil war of a European secondary power
Pat yourself on the back!
Last time I checked Artois-Picardie was a part of France all along, what the fuck are you talking about?
Anyways Talleyrand's partition plan was not accepted and the final treaty was something completely different.
>>
>>3264598
Wallonia (G*rmanic name) is false contrusct

It is composed of Picardie and Artois
>>
>>3264602
>G*rmanic
Wew nice meme m8!
Last time I checked, it was pretty real.
Still the point is standing, the French partition plan was never realised, so still no dominance.
>>
>>3264400
It's like Upper and Lower Egypt, tards don't know that it's because of elevation, not north and south.
>>
>>3264349
Yes.
>>
>>3264740
Noice
Can you develop and give some arguments that isn't "fuck the french"?
>>
>>3264820
France indirectly caused WW2 so no France means no WW2
>>
File: 1466680251447.jpg (59KB, 599x646px) Image search: [Google]
1466680251447.jpg
59KB, 599x646px
>>3264898
Nice meme
>>
>>3264904
Its not a meme. If the treaty of Versailles was built on Woodrows 14 points instead of Frances lust for revenge then Hitler would have never come to power, WW2 would have never happened and communism would have stayed in Russia.
>>
>>3264938
If germany didn't fund Lenin's return from exile and communist revolution in Russia, communism would never have happened in Europe
>>
>>3264954
We were not discussing Germany, were we?
>>
File: Europe_1812_map_en.png (93KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
Europe_1812_map_en.png
93KB, 300x197px
>>3264349
Would Europe have been a better place if Napoleon succeeded to cross the English Channel and land 100,000+ soldiers near london?
>>
>>3264969
Obviously not
>>
>>3264964
This transgression might as well be weighed into the peace treaty calculus, and it seems reasonable for France to want to curb its militaristic, interventionist, and highly industrialized neighbor. Feelings aside, Germany deserved Versaille
>>
>>3264991
Germans suffered just like everybody else, why should they get it worse because of the actions of their former government?
>>
File: xmgyonq.jpg (18KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
xmgyonq.jpg
18KB, 600x315px
>>3264975
Why though, imagine if europe unified during the industrial era
>no communism
>nationalism not tarnished in western society for all eternity
>unified European rule able to colonize the pre-industrial rest of the world
>no century of wasted capital and manpower squandered on imperial wars in europe
>unparalleled prosperity arising from repatriation of nobility's holdings due to the French Revolution
>meritocratic utopia riding a wave of en-masse education, artistic and cultural splendor, timed with industrialization and expansion of colonial base to include basically the entire non-european planet
Sounds awful
>>
>>3265026
Very good goy, too bad you won't be able to join ZOG.
>>
File: 1502929708987.jpg (60KB, 358x437px) Image search: [Google]
1502929708987.jpg
60KB, 358x437px
>>3265046
Haha, memes
>>
>>3265026
>Without competetion between nation states under a centralised Paris government Europe would not become a second China, self-fixated and stagnant.
>>
Europe was best when Russia is her Defender.
>>
>>3265026
>nationalism not tarnished in western society for all eternity
Why would i want to be a french nationalist?
>no century of wasted capital and manpower squandered on imperial wars in europe
Instead the capital might have been wasted on wars outside of Europe, nobody knows what would have happened.
>unparalleled prosperity arising from repatriation of nobility's holdings due to the French Revolution
That sure worked well in the USSR
>meritocratic utopia riding a wave of en-masse education, artistic and cultural splendor, timed with industrialization and expansion of colonial base to include basically the entire non-european planet
Globalism is good?
>>
>>3265063
China wasn't colonising the world though. Technology wouldn't advance as fast but it would certainly work out better than them.
>>
>>3264969
Not just Europe but the entire world. Britannia delenda est.
>>
>>3265111
>China wasn't colonising the world though.
Because they did not have to compete with anyone and instead fixated on internal stability.
The main reason for African colonisation, was that the European powers just didn't want the next guy to grab the land.
>>
>>3264349
No because England, Germany and Spain would steam role them
>>
>>3265063
China had no expansionist aspirations and stagnated because it was a land of farmers for thousands of years. Napoleon's europe would probably have resembled Rome, a technologically advanced world hegemon spreading its tentacles over the rest of the world and raising up its peoples in an European image. Without real interstate competition, the colonizer can engage in mutually-beneficial nation-building like Rome did, which might create a more stable world without as much resentment. And the task would take hundreds of years, binding the self-attested guardians of civilization to educate and elevate an eager world, while it leaves behind markets for more profitable consumer goods
>>
>>3265116
not him, but I would argue China didn't colonize the world because they didn't have reliable firearms.
So if Napoleon managed to unite Europe, the Europeans would already have firearms and could conquer rest of the world with ease
>>
>>3265154
lol you are pretty idealistic
an united Europe would exploit the shit out of the rest of the world
>>
>>3265164
It's pragmatism. Everyone would benefit more (colonizer included) than in a world with competing colonizers goofing to undercut and undermine each other, and militarily/politically backing rebellious colonies once they become powerful enough to raise a challenge. Colonizers are compelled to keep colonies relaticely more disadvantaged if competing world powers can put their thumbs on the scale. And we end up with a world where people decry the evils of colonization instead of celebrate its civilizing effects
>>
>>3265192
Goofing = looking
Relacitely=Relatively
Phoneposting was a mistake
>>
File: dune1.jpg (171KB, 764x644px) Image search: [Google]
dune1.jpg
171KB, 764x644px
>>3265154
>The Roman Empire experienced expansion after the competitors were gone .

>>3265155
If you have an entire continent, which is being ruled with ease by a single power, than the populations must be without any will of independence. Their inovations would spread and new people with higher ambitions will get wind of it and use it to higher effect (like the relation of the Germanic tribes vs. the decadent late Roman society).
A world of peace is toxinc to every human society.
>>
>>3265206
Only in a world of scarcity :^]
>>
>>3265206
I hesitate to hinge so much conjecture on a generalisation about human nature
>>
>>3265083
Napoleon wanted an Europe under French rule but with each nations preserving its own identity, it would have been in practice a bigger version of the Kingdom of France
>>
>>3264400
The idiot that made the map probably thinks it has to do with north-south instead of altitude.
>>
>>3265257
Why did the population of Mesopotamia adapt so easily to many different rulers?
>>
>>3265269
>under French rule
See the problem?
>>
>>3265192
eh, i doubt that. Europeans would just exploit the colonies even more efficient, steal all their resources and use them as export markets for European industry
>>
>>3265206
>than the populations must be without any will of independence.
it seems to me you have fallen to the nationalist propangada
>>
>>3264349
It would've been much better, especially for folks like the Albigensians who were basically genocided by the conniving and cruel eternal Parisian.
>>
>>3265373
Give me an example of a superstate, where the ruling class cannot be exchanged by a foreign people with a handstrike, while the population holds still.
The opposite was the case for Mesopotamia, the Roman Empire and China.
>>
>>3264725
Really? I always assumed it was because one was upriver and the other downriver.
>>
>>3265390
so it is better to be opressed by people who happen to speak your language?
>>
>>3265426
You know that history is not only about opression, right?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.