[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any proof that this guy was an American spy? I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Is there any proof that this guy was an American spy?
I remember hearing it somewhere but have never heard anything else about it?
>>
>>3255305
It was a normal german working guy with a jewish wife so he refused to do the hitler salute.

WOuld be mighty retarded of a spy pulling this.

Are you dumb or something?
>>
>go to Hitler rally
>refuses to Sieg Heil
I bet he refused to drink at company parties too.

Don't be that guy.
>>
>>3255305
>some guy in a Nazi rally is NOT saluting
>"guys I think he may be a spy"

10/10 conclusion. Really made me think.
>>
>>3255306
>hitler salute

ITS NAME IS "AVE SALUTE", OR "ROMAN SALUTE", OR "GERMAN SALUTE".
>>
>>3255324
>Roman salute
There's absolutely no evidence that Romans ever did a salute like this, European painters in the romantic era pretty much just made it up.
>>
>>3255306
Yeah... I am dumb..
>>
>>3255305
he just scratched his armpit
his hand was raised second later
>>
>>3255331
thats completly untrue. where the fuck did you read such nonsense
>>3255324
Im german and we call it the "hitler gruß" so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>3255563

I'm sure you will be able to provide plenty of examples of Romans doing it then?
>>
>>3255571
Check out some old wall paintings, military documents and mosaics.
The fuck you on about.
>>
the gesture is known as Roman Salute, but probably didn't originate in antique rome. It became popular as a military salute in the "roman revival" of the 18th century empires and was again picked up in the early 20th century.

It is still common among some arab nations, especially Syria and Lebanon.

Overall it's really difficult to claim ownership of a gesture as general as an outstreched arm.
>>
File: Statue-Augustus[1].jpg (492KB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Statue-Augustus[1].jpg
492KB, 1500x2250px
>>3255575
any actual Roman hand gestures you'll see in ACTUAL Roman art is some variation of indistinct raised hand, like this. There is nothing whatsoever indicating a rigid straight hand salute, not in text and not in painting and not in statues. In the few times something similar does appear, it's usually not even a salute, as it's done by the person in power rather than those subservient to him.
>>
Imagine being so beta that you can only pull a jewish wife and you let it influence all your political leanings and shit lmao
>>
File: 1502836434466.jpg (275KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1502836434466.jpg
275KB, 960x1280px
>>3255324
(you)
>>
This sounds a lot like a way for nazis to claim a dissidenter to Hitler don't count because he was paid for it.
>>
If he is a spy, he's not doing a great job at fitting in.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.