[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any philosophy buffs here that can give me a bit of a run down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Schopenhauer Wojak.jpg (127KB, 576x635px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer Wojak.jpg
127KB, 576x635px
Any philosophy buffs here that can give me a bit of a run down on Schopenhauer? I don't know much about his works, but from what I do know, he seems like the only philosopher I can relate to.

I guess what I really want to know is what he thought about if you weren't a sage, but you still defied the will to life by finding a mate you actually like rather than are compelled to breed with. I can hear the devil's laughter after I masturbate to degenerate shit I feel compelled to. The only thing I can masturbate to without hearing it is my waifu. Not only do I not hear the devil's laughter, but I actually feel good after an orgasm. Obviously this isn't the same as find a real life mate you can actually enjoy copulating with, but it seems close enough to warrant my question. If anything, it defies the will to life even more since I'm physically incapable of impregnating her.
>>
Read Aristotle instead.
>>
>>3254415
There are hundreds of videos, thousands of pieces of writing, and who knows what else already written to help explain this guy.

If you're this lazy you shouldn't be working with philosophy.
>>
>>3254423
Aristotle seems like a meme philosopher. He's got some good stuff, but he's kind of more of the stepping stone to bring philosophy into the world.
>>3254439
I'm not doing any work with philosophy. I just had a question I thought could be more quickly answered by asking people involved with the subject than to do my own research in his works.
>>
>>3254415
>unironically having a waifu
>>3254457
>defining things in terms of "memeness"

You're already lost
>>
>>3254467
Thank you, I hope to become even more lost day by day until I'm completely gone from this world.
>>
>>3254474
It's fun getting lost, that's when we make discoveries :)

Excuse my pseudo-deepness but there's actually some truth to that as you'll find
>>
>>3254415
I could. However, since you're obviously underage, lacking the philosophical and intellectual maturity to appreciate it, I won't bother. If perchance you're not actually underage seriously consider suicide.
>>
>>3254961
To be fair, it's what Schopenhauer would have wanted me to do.
>>
>>3254974

lol'd at that pic
>>
>>3254974
he argued against suicide, unconvincingly
>>
>>3255016
>They tell us that suicide is the greatest act of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person
>>
File: S O F I A.png (1MB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
S O F I A.png
1MB, 525x525px
SEXUAL ACTIVITY MOTIVATED BY LUST ALIENATES ONE FURTHER FROM ONE'S ANIMA/ANIMUS; SEXUAL ACTIVITY IMPELLED BY LOVE BRINGS ONE CLOSER TO UNITY WITH ONE'S ANIMA/ANIMUS.
>>
File: 1502804998736.jpg (200KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
1502804998736.jpg
200KB, 400x534px
anyone care to contribute to my shopie folder?
>>
>>3255053
Read the fourth book of his magnum opus, § 69
>Just because the suicide cannot give up willing, he gives up living. The will asserts itself here even in putting an end to its own manifestation, because it can no longer assert itself otherwise. As, however, it was just the suffering which it so shuns that was able, as mortification of the will, to bring it to the denial of itself, and hence to freedom, so in this respect the suicide is like a sick man, who, after a painful operation which would entirely cure him has been begun, will not allow it to be completed, but prefers to retain his disease.
"People have the right to kill themselves" doesn't equal "Suicide is the best thing one could do"
>>
File: Schopenhauer Pepe.jpg (71KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer Pepe.jpg
71KB, 396x385px
>>3255074
I was thinking somewhat along those lines, but does Schopenhauer even discuss the anima/animus?
>>3255089
Here, have a Schopenhauer Pepe.
>>
>>3255089
Here's my last Schopenhauer-related image macro. I've got one more but I can't post it here, so I'll crosslink it.
>>>/mlp/30748370
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.